***6k rpm bogg wtf?..

2003.5msp

:
2003.5 MSP
ok i just finished racing another jdm h22a prelude oh yeah and did i mention on the bottle also a 50 shot..... anyway we do about 4 runs from a 25mph roll i get the jump and then we are even then presto........he sprays he pulls by a car (i forgot to mention i am on 11psi but ist not over yet we get even then i say lets go from a 40mph roll he agrees we run.....i pull on him by 1/2 a car with him still spraying....his excuse was i wasnt ready yet....oookkk anyway my problem was wen i get to about 6k rpms it bogged on me every single time...wtf???? at the track i was running 14psi all night!!!! no problem anyway what do you think went wrong??? and give me opinions on the race???? ..no it wasnt on the street it was on his dads private land!!!

Last edited:
Fuel cut. It's what everyone hates, but it is just your car's protection when you boost too much pressure it is protecting your engine. The cheap way to get around this is to get a fuel cut defender. The smart way to get around it is invest in a haltech or MPI tuner and if you don't know how to tune take it to a tuning shop and have them optimize the fuel and timing for ever 500 or so RPM at certain boost levels. The second way is more costly (but is it more costly than rebuilding the engine??)

Maybe not fuel cut....do you have the stock exhaust?

With the stock exhaust, top-end power sucks...especially right after 6K

jersey_emt said:
Maybe not fuel cut....do you have the stock exhaust?

With the stock exhaust, top-end power sucks...especially right after 6K
You know, I had that same little boost drop off (I wouldn't call it a bog) at higher RPM with the stock intake and pipes. I now have the ram-air setup and the hardpipes and I have solid boost all the way to redline. I know the 2-cat section is very restricive and the S-pipe kinda sucks, but I think overall the stock exhaust is adequate for stock boost. I am getting the ION turbo-back soon, but I think the stock intake and bad run hardpipes (of course plastic ones are going to flex if the turbo has to pull air around that much piping) are the biggest problem in the efficiency of the turbo. I am really satisfied with the ram-air/turbo setup. The main difference I feel is in my 3rd-4th and 4th to 5th shifts (so smooth).

definitely not fuel cut. fuel cut is like hitting a brick wall. I think its probably the humidity in the air and the temperature, and basically heat soak owned you. When it's this hot, you can probably get away with running higher boost because, as we all know, hot air = less dense. Basically what it comes down to is boost at 11 psi in 50 degree weather is NOT the same as boost at 11 in 100 degree weather. The computer would probably cut you at 11 psi in 50deg, but may not ever cut even maxing out your turbo in weather this hot. I say if you want to get anything for your car and you live in a place like San Antonio, definitely replace your intercooler and pipes. You will see a massive difference and be consistent in your runs.

i have custom fmic, all piping,custom 2.5 inch exhaust with one high flow cat, hks muffler,greddy type s bov,ram air intake, intercooler is 24.5x6x3 spearco core!!

Latest posts

Back