626 to 666? 626 from hell, possible?

Turbo MP3

:
Mazda Protege MP3, Mazdaspeed Protege
So i still have my totaled MP3 and well i decided i don't want to part it out, and since i have a fairly new truck to be my main money pit, I've been looking for ways to use my parts. My first idea was just to get another Protege, but i have realized im 17 and i want to save up more money to buy a house or at least some property in a few years. My cheap and possibly more fun alternative turboed 626... I'm 95% sure it possibly, but i could very likely be wrong. I started looking on ebay, and one of my friends told me one of our teachers has one in really good condition with a blown motor... For $500 im sure i would have it, a few $$$'s later and a little modding i believe i could have a sleeper in the high 13s low 14's.

So mainly what I'm getting at is, is the motor/tranny exactly the same, and are some of the suspension components the same?

iirc there are alot of similarities not 100% but it would be close tho i belive the engine and tranny should fit

if it is a four cylinder 626 98-02 the engine will drop right in. if it is the V6 626 there is no way in hell - mounts, wiring, subframe, etc are all different.

i thought about doing a KLZE 626 or turbo 626 a while back. ultimate sleeper :) ugly as hell sedan with a beefy turbo kit on it would be funny.

where do all you people get your money from, you're 17 and you have a new truck, had a turbo'd mp3, and now your gonna buy a project car..WTF mate.

Captain KRM P5 said:
if it is a four cylinder 626 98-02 the engine will drop right in. if it is the V6 626 there is no way in hell - mounts, wiring, subframe, etc are all different.

i thought about doing a KLZE 626 or turbo 626 a while back. ultimate sleeper :) ugly as hell sedan with a beefy turbo kit on it would be funny.

My thoughts exactly... im pretty sure its a 4cyli have to check yet...

MP3skaterNC said:
or 4. works his ass off / owns some sort of business

Yeah your right, this summer I've worked upto 80hrs a week, and i make good money per hr. i know nobody my age that makes even close to what i do in a year...

Titanium said:
1. mommy/daddy
2. drugs
3. man *****

pick one.....

i've been thinking about number 3! anybody interested PM me!! hahha, totally joking, so please dont flame on me

SpicyMchaggis said:
the totaled MP3 should tell you something about your mod'ing career.

I was waiting for someone to say that... I really don't know what to say to that besides it was an accident and they happen to everyone... And as far as my modding career, for the past 5 years everything i own has been modified in many many ways... I've had some stuff that has scared other people shitless and had no incidents, so yeah the MP3 was just that an accident.

I had a 97 626, not a bad car for a mom n pops sedan, handled well for what it was and the 5 sp was nice. I was looking into playing around with it, but then a 17 year old tried an impossible turn across my front end, so then I got my Mazdaspeed.

tphskab said:
past five years? you said you are 17?

Your point? at 12 i had a job (besides working for my family's farms). I was driving more things that i should have been. I also bought my own 4 wheeler and snowmobile, and yes I toyed with them. When i was 15 I upgraded and bought newer and faster stuff, and had a beater truck for around home. 16 got my licence got a 92 ford explorer drove that for a few months and the MP3 came up for sale from a cousin, totalled it, was back to driving the explorer, them i bought my f-150... For being 17 i've had my share of stuff...

^ i like the 97 and 98's their not too bad looking and the old skool 626 is pretty kool that 93 or whatever is kinda strange tho

there was little change in the body from 93 on up. Just to kinda stay on topic: If you were to pick up a 98 or up 626 4cly it would be a direct drop and the wiring harness and ecu would match to your mp3. If you were to get a 93-97 the wiring harness would have to be changed. The 93-97 still had disty and had no vics. But as far as mounting and what not 93 and up would all be a direct fit.

Turbo MP3 said:
Yeah your right, this summer I've worked upto 80hrs a week, and i make good money per hr. i know nobody my age that makes even close to what i do in a year...

That's because federal law says that the maximum hours for anyone under 18 is 48.

slayer4u said:
That's because federal law says that the maximum hours for anyone under 18 is 48.
i believe that is true, during the school year...but during the summer, i believe you can work w/e.

Latest posts

Back