626 Mani Worth It Or Not Worth It????

if you are worried about the peppiness of th eMSP, i woldn't recommend it.
i've seen people doing 250whp with the stock manifold.

the low end torque will be gone. and only will come back at around 3500 rpms, which is when the turbo kicks in

i hate it.

as soon as i get my hands on a stock mani,, i'm swaping out..

the low end torque will be gone. and only will come back at around 3500 rpms, which is when the turbo kicks in

i hate it.

trade you straight up

i hate it.

i have a stock manifold here alejo

i appreciate the offers, but if you knew what manifold i had, you would probably never trade!

KEN, come on, you know what manifold i have!!

i hate it.

Right, but you don't have the manifold that Ken sells...

what about idle and warm up times and such.
i recall reading around here that it makes the warm up time on the care riddled with idling issues.....

can anyone else confirm / deny this?

Until I hit operating temp. the car really bogs down when you give it a little too much gas.

Yes I can also verify this. But it isnt anything to big. I daily drive my msp and this manifold hasnt made it anymore difficult. I will say I would do this again if I had to choose all over again. It is noticeable to me. Totally worth it.

i understand that i have a different manifold. but i have the exact same issues everyone else has with the PG manifold.
the cold start ups suck, the bog downs, the low idle, the loss of low end torque....

in reality, people use the 2001+ manifold because it shares the same fuel rail as the mazdaspeed protege. i tried the one before 2001, everything is the same except the fuel rail....

i hate it.

Don't overly understand this post...

Torque is for pulling caravans :p

losing a bit of power down low, in exchange for a big thumping whack of power up top can't be all that bad.

as long as the car maintains drivable (i.e. next to nothing) power for cruising, i can't see what the fuss is about.

My car is NA, and by no means a monster at accellerating, but i can get to where my car makes power (which is a DAMNED side higher than 3500rpm - i don't get a decent kick of power until 4000rpm at least) in next to no time. If i need "pep" i just change it down a gear or 2....

so again, i don't understand what the complaint is???? are you making less power overall?

See this is where i get torn.. some people say the torque downlow suffers... some say that it makes up on the high RPM. I think for me to fully make a choice i need to either 1) find a cheap manifold pre 2001 like Alejo, or 2) Test drive or be in another car that has the PG post 2001 and see the difference.

then again i may just do a logfile of RPM's or something and see where i am mostly at and decide from there.

i wouldn';t say is a bad mod overall....it really frees up the high end torque...

i'm just saying that some people complain about the loss of low end ....it is very noticeable..

i don't know if you ever driven on a protege with one of those

i also have the JDM intake cam...so it might add to some low end loss too

i wouldn';t say is a bad mod overall....it really frees up the high end torque...

i'm just saying that some people complain about the loss of low end ....it is very noticeable..

i don't know if you ever driven on a protege with one of those

i also have the JDM intake cam...so it might add to some low end loss too

JDM cam wont make much difference - the australian version of the car has it from the get go

what COULD be killing you could be the ECU....you still running stock management?

Even so... low end torque vs high end power - maybe its just because i'm NA, but i'd be willing to compromise torque for outright power any day...

as soon i as i get mine in i'll share my opinion, cars been sitting for 2 weeks, rather not share my story. but as soon as i get mine in i let ya know.

A little torque loss at low rpm would probley be good for me, as traction is horrible.

Getting the car rollingt first then hittin big power might give better et's as you wouldn't lose time due to spinin the tires. Just a thought.

I'm ordering mine, as well as a perrin IC , and 200 direct port n2o kit, so hopefully i notice a difference.

u know, now that you mention it, we have enough torque down low to sacrifice some....
i dunno, maybe we if figure out how to fix the other issues like low idle and bogging on first then the manifold would be much better.

i have it installed...and to tell you thr truth, i have gotten so used to the issues that i don't notice them anymore

Latest posts

Back