626 intake Mani

2003.5_MSP

:
2003.5 MSP
For those of you guys running the 626 intake Mani, what year 626 did you pull em from? The reason I'm asking is bc my first car was a ford probe with a blown engine... So we bought a barely running 626 to birth the probe... I'm hoping to find out the year that's compatable with the msp, bc I might have a potentional performance mod sitting right under my nose...

Thanks in advance

I want to say 2000 and up. Mine is from a 2001. You want the one without the flappers

The actual performance gain has been debated, you apparently lose low end and gain some power in the top end. I would go with the newest year possible as I know the older FSDEs did have smaller ports on the IM.

I want to say 2000 and up. Mine is from a 2001. You want the one without the flappers

Ok cool, quick question though... What gain does the 626 intake give?

The actual performance gain has been debated, you apparently lose low end and gain some power in the top end. I would go with the newest year possible as I know the older FSDEs did have smaller ports on the IM.

So would it be the same outcome if I port n polish the one on the msp now?

Last edited:
You want an 00-02 manifold, and a 01-02 EGR pipe. Pre 2000 manifolds are pure s***.. so don't use the Probe one.

I did a 2000 626 and had it port matched to the head. I feel gains throughout the power band but especially after 4k rpms. I had the EGR tube cut in half and welded the 626 header half to the MSP intake half. 2000 is the one without VTCS butterflies also. Pics and info of the mani are in my build thread pages 3 and 5

Last edited:
I did a 2000 626 and had it port matched to the head. I feel gains throughout the power band but especially after 4k rpms. I had the EGR tube cut in half and welded the 626 header half to the MSP intake half. 2000 is the one without VTCS butterflies also. Pics and info of the mani are in my build thread pages 3 and 5

Ok cool, thanks for all the help guys... Appairently we ended up using 626 motor in which we sold with the car... For some reason I thought we put on the probe intake onto Mazda engine, non the less ill be doing this eventually

On another note, I will have my intake mani off this weekend cleaning/egr cleaning... And I was wondering if I port n polished the mani for undisturbed flow...would it give me some extra umph? Granted I haven't been dynoed at all yet...

i ran a 97, it did feel a little better than the stock one but the runners are little smaller...still single runners though.

Back