6000.00 Ready to spend

RED-ONE

:
Red 2003 Mazda Pro5
Hey there everybody, fairly new to the boards and forums. I am looking into setting up my car with a turbo. I have about 6 grand to spend and want some professional advice and want to know if there are anybody out there that is willing to make me an offer. Want only the best s***, no imitaions, all internals top notch and well PERFECT not to much to ask... lol if you interested e-mail me and also post reply here. john.mooney@hurlburt.af.mil

Go to the open house that spool-turbo is putting on. http://www.spool-turbo.com (thumb)

Edit:
oops - already happened... :p well call Terry and ask what he can do for you. I hear nothing but good things about Spool-Turbo.

terry's open house (spool) is July 27th.. so you've still got time :)

get stage 3turbo, new clutch/pressureplate/flywheel, wideband, all the other electronics you can buy to control and monitor the fuel and ignition.

yeah, I would normally just refer to you Perfworks, but I truly think your best bet is to go to Spool's Open house. Perf and I will be there, so will alot of other people. Not to mention - food! and lots of knowledge from all the major turbo kit producers on this forum.

My only problem with going to spool's open house is that i am in the military and i am also in florida, cant exactly get up and leave. But i am getting ready to call perfwerks to find out about the setup for a stage II or possibly a stage III.. My real concern is that I have the semi-auto trans. Maybe that will help or hurt you guys with info....need to get perf to comment or call to give me some ideas....looking to be the first 20lb p5 in florida. WHASSUP

check out Flyin' Protege - a very clean, very strong and very tested turbo kit with all the goods sans fuel management.

And with the remainder of the 6 grand that you spend on your turbo, look into a bigger exhaust and some springs and other suspension goodies...

First things first: What's up with your Avatar's left boob? Is it riding on Ground Controls? :D

Dood...
If I had 6000 bucks to spend on my P5, I'd probably take it down to the dealer and trade it in for an MSP. This way you'll get the turbo, LSD, nice stereo, a ton of interior goodies(pedals, shifter,etc) and the exclusivity of the MSP.
I'll bet that if you showed up at the dealer with your car and 6 grand, they'd send you home in a brand new MSP. :)

Having 6K.

I Would def get any turbo kit plus:

Standalone or Piggyback
FORGED INTERNALS!!!!!

Spool Stage 3 Turbo Kit - $3,995
Perfworks Piggyback - $700
Forged Internals - $1,300

What can I say...:eek:

Wow, 20 lbs on an auto??? - Search through the threads and you will see that mine is the first "sport-mode" auto ( Mazda's official name ) which will be pushing 8 lbs of boost.

I would recommend you look at a Quaiffe LSD, forged internals, and the Level Ten Torque Converter. Have you considered how much horsepower you are looking for? $6000 is a decent amount of money, hell, it will even leave you with some left over on a stage 2 install. But to push 20 lbs of boost, you are going to need to do alot more than just purchase a few things.

To the best of my knowledge, Nicks will be the only kits that ship complete. This includes, all hoses, fittings, clamps, etc.

Take a look at these threads to get an idea of what is available from Perf.

http://www.protege5.com/vbb225/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22842
http://www.protege5.com/vbb225/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22584

On a side note, - what do you mean you can't just get up and leave? Doesn't the armed forces give time off? I can't imagine not being able to take a vacation with a weeks notice. I guess it's good if you are into it though. Me, I'd rather work my 8-5 M-F and enjoy my freedom; but I must say that I am glad there are some who are willing to sacrifice their own freedom to ensure the rest of ours.

Now before the flames start, I have friends who are in the USAF, and ARMY, and even Coast Guard and INS; I respect what they have chosen to do.... it's just not for me. They have great retirement options and educational options, and while their pay isn't the greatest, it's not all bad either. Most of them are making $36k-$40k. They will be able to retire by the time they are 35. Sacrifice now, or sacrifice later I guess.

Hey,are you at Eglin, If so, my stuff should be in soon if you want to check it out.

Wow, 20lbs on an auto, you got a lotta work ahead of ya. I will be probally pushing 16 lbs depending on the dyno results of the Microtech. With some internal mods, I will push to 20lbs.

Edit: I just saw that your email is Hurlburt Feild, I am over on Eglin. What color is your car.

Ok- Another Edit, I take it since it says RED-ONE, your car is red. I never said I was the brightest.:D

Last edited:
All you really need is $4000. Give me the other $2000 and be happy with having two turbo Proteges! Tis the season.

Chris

RED-ONE,
Once you're done spending your money on your car, make sure to post pics so you can show off and make those of us that don't have money for mods feel jealous. ;)

.....or buy an S13 for $1500, an S13 SR20DET Black Top for another $3000, and another $1500 on bolt ons and electronics and boom, you have a car that will be faster than putting $6K in to an auto P5.

Hello RED ONE,

Check us out. www.hiboost.com

We have kits ready to ship. Take advantage of the introductory discounts and free install in Miami.

You can e-mail me at hiboostpower@yahoo.com for more details.

Our kit fits the automatic and has proven very good and safe horsepower. It comes with a stand alone FUEL management system and many other features for one price.

Juan

I was gonna say build up the rest of the car first and then move towards power once you have better suspension, tires, and brakes.

Hey Juan,

Which one of your kits has full stand alone. I thought you guys were using a piggyback???

Thanks, Rishie

ARD MP5 said:
I was gonna say build up the rest of the car first and then move towards power once you have better suspension, tires, and brakes.

Hey Juan,

Which one of your kits has full stand alone. I thought you guys were using a piggyback???

Thanks, Rishie

All our systems come with Stand alone FUEL management system.

Just fuel, not ignition. We run it parallel to the stock ECU, but the fuel is managed only by the Haltech. The stock ECU has no effect on the air/fuel mixture.

We are working on an upgrade with the E6k which will be a Stand alone ENGINE management system with fuel and ignition control.

So far we are happy with the setup being able to deliver 214 whp safely.

Juan

thanks for all the responses to my request, but i guess i forgot to add i am using the 6k fo rengine and obviously am gonna need more for the suspension and such, you guys are helping out alot.... and to the avatar question..... yeah it is sagging abit huh.....LOL she had a bad implant job i guess, but back to the grind.... will be back on in abit... HIBOOST will call you guys later to talk...thanks again

Back