6-disc In dash CD changer disappeared!

55V8

:
2008 CX-9 GT AWD, 2005 Mercedes Benz C55 AMG
Well of course it didn't physically disappear (lol2), but in a sense that's what happened.

I have 2008 GT with Bose premium sound (no navi). I was listening to a CD yesterday when suddenly the music skipped for a few seconds (like playing a scratched disc) and then silence. I cycled through the different modes through the steering wheel button, but I was no longer getting Centerpoint or CD mode. I can only cycle through FM and AM now. When I press the CD button beside the volume knob, I just get a message "NO DISC". Also the disc numbers that are usually displayed on the thin center console LCD are gone. I also cannot load or eject any of my CDs. It looks like my in-dash 6-disc changer bit the dust.

Has anybody experienced this? Anybody had luck fixing this without forking an arm and a leg for a whole new head unit? I also thought about taking this chance to upgrade to an aftermarket with navi, but from what I've read, upgrading the head unit of the Bose premium sound option is a bit tricky.

It does sound like the 6-CD changer is dead.
I would recommend "no fix". Nowadays, who care about CD-changer.
Use the aux input until you trade it in. The appraiser probably won't even care what is broken....
It will cost between $500 to $1000 to replace it.

It does sound like the 6-CD changer is dead.
I would recommend "no fix". Nowadays, who care about CD-changer.
Use the aux input until you trade it in. The appraiser probably won't even care what is broken....
It will cost between $500 to $1000 to replace it.

Yeah, looks like i'll just leave it as is and use my iPod.

My only concern is that I have some good/rare original CDs in there. I would love to get them out, but it seems you have to take the whole darn thing apart to free them.

Sux. I never wanted or trusted anything but a single feed CD player. Especially in the dash.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll start cloning copies of my priceless Anne Murry discs.

I had this happen on my '08 GT last year. I can't eject CDs either. When I hit the eject button, the screen comes down, the ejection systems tries to shuffle things around but nothing comes out. After this the screen won't go back up, I manually have to push the screen back up. This causes the navigation buttons to stop working for hours or days unless I leave the screen in the down position. The radio buttons work though. I usually push the screen, wait for the buttons to activate, and not try to eject CDs. They've been there for almost a year now. Oh, well.

Ed

Back