5th Annual LRP Mazda Corral

Heya, I keep forgetting about this board over here... the Lime Rock corral post over at RX8Club reminded me I should post over here :)

Gonna be there all weekend if I can. It hinges on finding someplace closer than Providence to stay each night. Camping at Lime Rock isn't going to work for my wife (assuming she joins me, it appears she wants to, but she hasn't committed), so it would mean one of the houses or a hotel or something.

Before I go looking at hotels (probably as far away as Hartford, but that's 1/3rd the distance from Providence), are the local houses you guys grab all full? or are there any open rooms?

anyone see this yet???

http://www.grand-am.com/news/index.cfm?series=r&cid=42554

Mazda Goes Car Corral Crazy

April 28, 2011

<table style="width: 335px; float: right;"> <tbody><tr><td> Discuss this story in the GRAND-AM Garage!
</td></tr> <tr><td>
NEWS_DETAIL.jpg
</td></tr> <tr><td>The Mazda Club announced today that Mazda Corrals will now feature The Mazda Speed Zone, presented by Castrol.
</td></tr> </tbody></table> Car corrals have always been a big part of the GRAND-AM racing experience and Mazda has always been a leading club in turning out their members and supporting their Mazda race teams at GRAND-AM events.
And as a sign of that continued leadership, The Mazda Club announced today a major new partner who will be supporting their events at GRAND-AM races the rest of the 2011 season. Were pleased to announce that Mazda Corrals will now feature The Mazda Speed Zone, presented by Castrol.
Beginning with our Lime Rock Park Mazda Charity Corral, May 28-30 co-hosted by Dempsey Racing, Castrol will debut The Mazda Speed Zone! The Mazda Speed Zone will feature a dynamometer where for a $20 donation, corral participants from any manufacturer can have their car placed on the dyno at the track. Also, there will be a Wheel of Fortune, where Mazda corral members can win various prizes. Future corrals will feature a precision driving course where again, corral participants from any manufacturer can put the New Mazda 2 through its paces! All Mazda owners will receive a case (6 bottles) of Castrol Edge with the purchase of a Mazda Corral ticket.
Stay tuned for more announcements concerning future corral events!

Haven't had good experience with Castrol for some reasons, there's two different "made in" location and some say German made is better but .... I won't use it in MSP

Hmmmm...so Josh do you get some monies for the usage of your photo?

Really Tony? I've always used Castrol in the P5 and the Mazda3 since I've bought them and have had no issues to date. Honestly though, I've never looked at the bottle for the 'made in' location.

Whole Weekend:
1. reut1 - Kyle (minus saturday evening. wedding)
2. WGaston - Will
3. xfz - Brian
4. Tautochrone - Gary
5. Reitrol - Bruce, hoping so far to be there
6. Subspeed6 - Chris
7. altspace - Josh and wife
8. bazooka - mahk
9. El Viejo Cheo (Jose)
10. Hose B (Jose Jr.)
11. Intellekt (Jacob) - Planning on camping be it site or in the corral.
12. Phen - At the Ohio Family House
13. NETC_redd - Ashley

Part of Weekend:
1. Speed3.5 - Tony #1 (No Monday)
2. FlippyFloppy - Tony #2 (No Monday)
3. Seanmcsean - Sean (No Friday)
4. Lani - Melanie (No Friday - as of now)
5. _ERIC- Eric (No Friday)
6. chuyler1 - Chris & Amanda (No Friday)
7. Skywlkr - Luke (maybe Sunday)

I'm out for this year. Maybe I'll see you all on Sunday.

Well NEPOCers....It it with great sorrow that i make this announcement.....I will not be attending LRP this year... :( I was not approved for the entire weekend only thurs/fri....so its not worth it to me for 1 day. So it looks like I will have a coupld vaca days for other NEPOC events.... Not happy but nothing I can do, glad I didnt buy my ticket yet!

Latest posts

Back