5th Annual LRP Mazda Corral

Just got off the phone with the folks at Lime Rock, figured I'd go ahead and figure out what the deal with the camping was this year. So here's the deal, at least what I gathered from it:

- A camping ticket is an additional $10 for the weekend (per campsite), on top of the ticket you buy for the weekend/corrals.
- In an effort to relieve some of the congestion in the campsite, they're roping off campsites ahead of time.
- Furthermore, they're limiting each camp site to 2 cars and 6 people (not sure how they're gonna manage the 6 people thing). It actually sounds like they're trying to prevent smaller groups from taking up too much space.
- As usual, the spots are 1st come 1st serve, although next year they want to number the sites so you can reserve the spots ahead of time.

So I think for those of us that are going to be camping, we should figure out what we need in terms of how many sites we need. Most of us are going to leave our cars at the corral (I presume) so I don't think that'll be an issue, I'm just worried about the number of sites we need.

We'll do what we've always done, we'll let folks camp out in the tent, as long as their tents and stuff are out of the main tent before the rest of our folks arrived.

We'll do what we've always done, we'll let folks camp out in the tent, as long as their tents and stuff are out of the main tent before the rest of our folks arrived.

The Mazda Corral tent? We weren't allowed to do that last year. We weren't even allowed to camp on the other side of the fence separating the camping area from where that kart track is...which is why we ended up on a hillside :)

You probably pitched your tent prematurely...... Or didn't wake up early enough to take it down?

(Hehehe I said pitched a tent.....)

The Mazda Corral tent? We weren't allowed to do that last year. We weren't even allowed to camp on the other side of the fence separating the camping area from where that kart track is...which is why we ended up on a hillside :)

Thanks for chiming in Gary. Marlon - if you can get them to let us camp there, it would be amazing. They almost wouldn't let us go back to our cars at night.

At least the price is per campsite instead of per person..

I had no issues going back and forth to my car at night last year, or even the year before that. Camping at the tent would be nice, but the setting up and tearing down of tents might get old, quick. Besides, the guy on the phone mentioned that they're limiting the number of cars allowed to park inside the campgrounds, and the overflow will be in the regular parking area. I can't imagine them not letting people go to their cars.

The campsite fee is brand new. The weekend tickets are the same price as last year was, it seems only the corral tickets went up.

James and I got stopped by "security" and had to tell them that our cars were parked up there. *shrug*

Well, yesterday we had a conference call with the Castrol people, they're coming on board with our corrals! We have worked out the following:

1. A case of oil (6) Castrol Edge for each car at the corral.
2. A portable dyno will be set up, and for a $20.00 donation you can have your car dyno'd, all donations will go to the charities.
3. Castrol swag to be given awy
4. Castrol wil have a huge gateway sign, promoting our corral, Mazda & Castrol
5. We will also have special fencing that has the branding as well
6. Special coloring books and crayons for the kids....both big & small

So, if you are on the fence, you better make up your minds as this event will be even better. Wait until the Audi/VW and Nutmeg Miata guys see our new set up!

MAZDA_mar14_2011.jpg

Last edited:
WOOT WOOT!! Sounds awesome Marlon!!! I cant wait!!

So might as well call my wife MRS FLIPPY!! Shes now coming.....Seems all the hype and talk has gotten her wanting to go!!

wow marlon! that is really cool! i had no idea!! wow! how do you miss this one huh?

Officially just pulled the trigger, I'm in for the weekend. It looks like camping is included in the weekend corral ticket price too.

Back