4 wheel alignment

disdorkching

:
p5 2002
where is a good place to do a 4 wheel alignemnt after a drop? I read that pepboyos or sears will not do an alignment on a droped car becasue they use the stock alginemnts settings... any info on this?

Firestone, Lex Brodies, and Good Year turned me away when I tried to get an alignment. You should check the texas section. They can probably give you a good place to get it done. :)

I went to TK performance here in Florida but if you can't find a place check with a mini trucker and find out where they go.

same problem here...
TireDiscouters said they would do it but the cost started at $100, which was $30 more than anybody else. Just pisses me off that they would do that and the guys attitude was pitiful. I went to RJR Motorsports(sports car aftermarket sales) Dayton.

Main problem to be had is most shops won't do anything if it's "within spec", in other words if it's "close enough". In most cases all they're gonna do it set the toe-in/out front and rear, and if the toe is within the allowed tolerences, they might not even do that. Offer to pay for the extra hassle and have them really set it right where you want it. Money Talks

you should be able to take the car to anyone with a rack .have them align the car to these specs toe set to 0 degress . camber set to -1 Degree ,you may need camber bolts . This is for all 4 wheels . It works well I have my car set this way . Handles great . I am lowered on Tien S Techs springs
Some shops may have aproblem getting the car on the rack ,have some 2 X 10 boards about 3 ft long to put under the ramps to allow you to get the car on and off the rack .

I see your location says Houston/Dallas. If you live on the north side of Houston, I would go to Ripley's at Kuykendahl and FM 1960. Thats where I took mine, its lowered with Tein S-Techs, and also where I had my bagged Mazda truck done. They get it right and appreciate customizers.

Good luck,

I am lowered on Eibach Pro's.....I actually took my car to the dealer where I baught the car...GILLMAN MAZDA out in Richmand/Rosenburg right on South 59.....they had no problem with the car being lowered....aligned it with no problems.....the car handles wonderfully and there is no odd tire ware.....

yes the car was/is still under warranty and they had no problems with any of the mods I had done to the car.

cost of the alignment....$70

Sir Nuke said:
I actually took my car to the dealer where I bought the car...
Sounds like my dealership. Parts manager and service manager have become solid buds. They know my car, offer extreme prices for parts and accessories, as well as do special jobs for me knowing the car is modded. Service manager even reflashed the ECU to MP3 specs at no charge. Car remains under warranty regardless of mods.

Some of us have better luck with our dealers. (cool)

Back