4 Black Rota D2's 17 x 7.5", +48, CB 67.1, 5/114.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Installshield 2

Gothenburg Superiority
Hey,

This may be just as much a GI than a FS, but I have pictures. I'm looking to sell 4 Rota D2's. I purchased these in 2006 from Auto RnD, and they have been great. They have been used for 4 or so summers on a 2002 Protege 5; probably have around 30,000 miles on them. No bends, but 2 of the 4 do have some minor curb scraping from letting an ex park the car ha. The center bore was machined by Auto RnD to 67.1mm, exactly what a protege is, but I think some newer Mazda's went up to 73mm, so I can't guarantee fitment on them. You DON'T need hub rings for proper fitment on a 3rd generation Protege/P5/MP3/MSP...they fit on perfectly...bolt pattern is 5/114.3

They are black spokes with a CLEAR COATED machined lip...You'll find wrong information on this stuff everywhere...They are NOT polished, like many sites will state...Its machined aluminum with a thick clear coat over them for protection, so clean/wax them just as you would any painted/clear coated surface, do not use metal polish or chrome rubbing compound as it would destroy the clear coated surface.

the clear coat is in decent shape on all wheels, although some have some small blisters that are only noticeable in direct sunlight. i've clay barred these things a few times and that will remove any tar or road grime build up quickly, and you can easily wax them too which will let brake dust just be simply hosed off. The small (smaller than a dime) blisters on one wheel are there to stay though, unless you remove the clear coat and spray on another. Can be done, i just never had any interest as they are not really expensive wheels to begin with.

Also i'm selling these WITHOUT the tires, at least I'd prefer that. The wheels are still installed, but the car won't be moving for a while as i'm waiting on a clutch. If someone definitely wants them I can have the tires removed and the wheels shipped within a day. If you definitely want the tires, they are literally 2 week old Bridgestone RE760 sports in a 205/45 17" size and were about $110/tire from TireRack. I would have to nearly double the price of the wheels, and shipping would obviously go way up because of the extra weight.

I paid $800 for them new before shipping. I'm looking for around $400 before shipping (or local pick up is definitely an option), but that is completely negotiable...

paypal works, reply here or pm me with an offer and i'll update this thread, thanks...

Pics: The front right wheel has the curb rash

DSC00494.JPG
DSC00495_2.JPG
DSC00496_2.JPG
DSC00497_2.JPG
DSC00498_2.JPG

More pictures in next post:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back