$360 Brakes!

-Kristin said:
i so would..
(thumb) then we go riding... (but dont tell the guys that...wetdream central :) )!!! hahaha
jk boys, we luv uuuu

btw guys, thankyou sooo much for the help!!!

I was in that situation not too long ago, they told me the pads + labor would be about $380, and thats only the front brake pads. Screw them. I went ahead and ordered EBC green stuff pads, both front and rear for my car and installed them myself. Paid $128 for them from AJUSA shipped. =\

Another thing is the dealership wants too much for some OE front pads, I think they told me $120 - $130 for the pads if I were to buy them from parts services

Last edited:
Jgar_msp said:
I was in that situation not too long ago, they told me the pads + labor would be about $380, and thats only the front brake pads. Screw them. I went ahead and ordered EBC green stuff pads, both front and rear for my car and installed them myself. Paid $128 for them from AJUSA shipped. =\

Another thing is the dealership wants too much for some OE front pads, I think they told me $120 - $130 for the pads if I were to buy them from parts services
pro parts USA got me some kickass front pads... Posi Quiet ceramics, cant wait to get them, should be here in a few days :)
$70 shipped too ;)
Im happy... as long as my rotors dont have to be machined, then Im good and i can install them myself for free!!

Jessy said:
pro parts USA got me some kickass front pads... Posi Quiet ceramics, cant wait to get them, should be here in a few days :)
$70 shipped too ;)
Im happy... as long as my rotors dont have to be machined, then Im good and i can install them myself for free!!
Even if you have to correct the discs is easy to take them off and just take them to autozone or pep boys and have them correct them for less than $30.00

BTW:
MikeyG_U2 said:
Here's the pad info I've gathered:
Front Pads, FMSI (international size code): D755
These pads are the same size as those found on the 2000-era Mazda 626 V6. So any pads designed for the front of that car, should work on our fronts. Here are a few that I've found:
Mazda Front: CBY3-33-23Z
Akebono ACT755 (ceramic)
Raybestos PG Plus PGD755 (ceramic or organic available)
Carbotech CT755

Rear Pads, FMSI: D322, D283, D482 (D322 is confirmed, the other two are not but have identical size specs to the D322)
Supposedly these pads are the same size as the 1995-era of the Mazda RX7's rear pads. I have not been able to confirm this however. I ordered some rear pads for an RX7, I just haven't yet opened up the back brakes of my car to compare, I'll update this post when I do, hopefully this coming weekend. If they are the same, I will post a list of mainstream pads that will fit.

Last edited:
Back