$360 Brakes!

Jessy

:
2003.5 Titanium MazdaSpeed Protege
Yikes!
Im having to pay $360 for my front brakes on my 2003.5 MSP...
damn special car.
anyone else have to do this? I dont want to be ripped off, but noone else sells the brakes, or so Im told... are these guys screwing me cause Im a girl????? (braindead

I just put all new pads and rotors on my car for a little over 400$. Keep looking around

can you do them yourself? I replaced my front pads and rotors myself for a little more than $110.00

wtf... 360!??!?! It cost me $90 for bobcat pads, and I installed them myself. You can get pads for $75 or so from many vendors on the forum....and I am sure someone from the forums in your area wilol install them for you for free or at a much smaller priuce......or you can buy the pads online and take them to a midas or something like that that does brakes, and they will install them for like $50.

Chris

do the brakes yourself. they are really easy to do. I even think there is a how-to in the how-to section. do a search. dont pay $360

well heres the deal...
The guy at the dealership told me that I cant buy the brake pads that are on my car from anywhere but the dealership, which I found true when I called 3 places to find them, and couldnt get them.
Plus.... they have already ordered the brakes AND booked me an appointment for Monday!
what the hell do i do!!!! help!

full of s***. i can sell you mazda brand parts for that car tomorrow for $159 shipped.

if you need OEM Mazda brake pads, contact "Captain KRM P5" aka ProtegeGarage.

Tell them to **** off first.

Then tell them that seeing that you haven't paid for anything, you're not liable for any 'costs' they incurred in ordering the parts. Don't get lambasted by the dealer.

Third, tell them to **** off again.

Do you really want to stay with OEM pads? Why not try something else? But if you really want OEM pads, you should be able to just walk in, order the pads.

Parts and service are separate accounts.

What are they going to do if you don't show up Monday anyway? Break your knees...? gay...

Dimitrios said:
Tell them to **** off first.

Then tell them that seeing that you haven't paid for anything, you're not liable for any 'costs' they incurred in ordering the parts. Don't get lambasted by the dealer.

Third, tell them to **** off again.

Do you really want to stay with OEM pads? Why not try something else? But if you really want OEM pads, you should be able to just walk in, order the pads.

Parts and service are separate accounts.

What are they going to do if you don't show up Monday anyway? Break your knees...? gay...

the parts counter will make a solid attempt to rape anyone if they ask for msp brake parts. trust me.

Jessy said:
Yikes!
Im having to pay $360 for my front brakes on my 2003.5 MSP...
damn special car.
anyone else have to do this? I dont want to be ripped off, but noone else sells the brakes, or so Im told... are these guys screwing me cause Im a girl????? (braindead
I think that's what I paid to do mine.

It was very expensive but it was the first and last time.

I will rather do them myself next time. At least I can pick the rotors and pads that I want.

okay wow...
I cant come on here too much longer tonight, but if I can get a few price quotes thad be awesome s***, I can definately do them myself save the $150 in labour!!!
my e-mail is pinto24@shaw.ca please please please let me know what my options are... I dont like it in the bum.. :)

Jessy said:
okay wow...
I cant come on here too much longer tonight, but if I can get a few price quotes thad be awesome s***, I can definately do them myself save the $150 in labour!!!
my e-mail is pinto24@shaw.ca please please please let me know what my options are... I dont like it in the bum.. :)

email sent

Back