35% tint added all around...

:
'11 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
Kind of disappointed with lack of tint on the car from the factory.

Took it to my favorite tint shop here in Indy and had 35% added all around.

Went with the basic stuff ($240). This is my 4th car tinted at Tint King and haven't seen any noticeable fading.

First two BEFORE
tint1.jpeg
tint2.jpeg

Last two AFTER
tint3.jpeg
tint4.jpeg

So did you add 35% over the rear passenger and lift gate as well? We live in the desert and im trying to figure out how to match the front windows to the rear % so that it looks as stock as possible. Also these cars have such massive front door windows and a huge front windshield they heat up insanely quick.

i put ceramic tint on my cx9, i found it helps tremendously with the texas heat. i wish i had done the windshield but i didn't want to ride dirty.

Looks really good. This is something I want to do on ours as well, but I hate the MN law is 50%, so it's barely even tinted.

yes, 35% on everything except the windshield.

i think these cars heat up so much because of the lack of factory tint as well as the large windows. it has made a noticeable difference.

someone measured the tint on here before. i think it was fairly accurate. but i think if you just added 35-40% tint on the front and left everything stock you'd be within a few percentage points; just a matter of making sure the color was correct.

found the link:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123686197-Tint/page3&highlight=tint

gnicetry measured the side rears and found them to be 39% from the factory; i tend to believe that is pretty accurate.

So did you add 35% over the rear passenger and lift gate as well? We live in the desert and im trying to figure out how to match the front windows to the rear % so that it looks as stock as possible. Also these cars have such massive front door windows and a huge front windshield they heat up insanely quick.

Last edited:
Kind of disappointed with lack of tint on the car from the factory.

Took it to my favorite tint shop here in Indy and had 35% added all around.

Went with the basic stuff ($240). This is my 4th car tinted at Tint King and haven't seen any noticeable fading.

First two BEFORE
View attachment 207077
View attachment 207078

Last two AFTER
View attachment 207079
View attachment 207080

Looks nice. I added 18% to the passenger around to the rear lift gate windows. I was told the 18% on top of the stock privacy takes it down to 5%.

I put 5% on all the windows but the front 3. I left the windshield alone and the fronts put to 30%. That is dark enough for me, my truck in double limo on the back and limo in the front is it too dark sometimes, but looks great!

Thank you for the reply with that extra info on stock % ! Its officially heating up so will be looking to throw some tint on sooner than later! Cheers!

surprised you have successfully had 4 cars tinted at tint king without having that purple faded look that all tint king cars get after the first year or so......nice.

i don't think that this "tint king" is part of a franchise.

as far as i know it is a sole proprietorship; the owner added the tint for my first three vehicles, the cx-9 was the first time someone new was there. (owner showed up later)

this is also the first time they gave me a warranty card to fill out; which i wasn't sure how to take.

my mustang was tinted there in 2006 and no fade. it is garaged, though. my wife's car was tinted there in 2008 and no fade so far. also garaged but sits outside much more than my mustang which was a garage queen for a long time.

funny thing is they try to get me to upgrade the to a more expensive (fade free) tint every time and i always refuse. i tell him the "cheap" tint has yet to fade!

Latest posts

Back