340hp daily driven need advice

I think there is very few people driving a 300whp+ msp that dont have a second car.

+1, if you're pushing a car that far you need a second car, things break all the time no matter how well you think it's built. If its your only car keep it around 250 on forged motor till you get a daily

my car had par gears before i owned it, HondaEat-R tore up the 3rd gear so i didnt get it with that transmission =[

Fair enough ill take it back. As far as the PAR gears the only broken ones that I've heard of were extremely short ratio. I am running them and while I just had to tear apart my transmission this week the gears are intact after some pretty serious abuse.

Jaleik said:
Yeah cause you totally only drive that car and not rebuild it every year or drive anything else while its in your garage.

it is simple, the statement was made that the car would blow up or break down all the time. If you are competent you can run retarded HP and not break down.

it is simple, the statement was made that the car would blow up or break down all the time. If you are competent you can run retarded HP and not break down.

So how many times did you break s*** and how long did the car spend in the garage to get where you are at now?

Im not saying you cant DD a 300hp protege, I do, im just saying that its not the best thing if its your only car. Doing it properly means your car wont be driven for some times whether you broke something or not.

Nothing has ever broken in the car except when I fired a hole in my engine in 2005

The rest of the s*** is called "MAINTENANCE" as in Oil Changes and Wheel Bearings..

Nothing has ever broken in the car except when I fired a hole in my engine in 2005

The rest of the s*** is called "MAINTENANCE" as in Oil Changes and Wheel Bearings..

There is a huge difference between your car and any other protege. I doubt he will rebuild his motor every year. It's hard to not beat on a fast car, which is what breaks stuff. When it sits in a garage for half the year and gets rebuilt every year it shouldn't break at all, but driven every day through snow, rain, hot, and cold, s*** will break

Why the Eff would you drive a modified car in the snow.. If you can afford to modify, you can afford a Beater..

Why the Eff would you drive a modified car in the snow.. If you can afford to modify, you can afford a Beater..

Exactly what we are trying to say. He wants to daily it, meaning drive in in snow, rain, heat etc. if it was a built Honda sure they do fine, but not a protege

I'm not saying its not possible, but why the ____ would you bother to. Not my idea of a good use of time and money.

Its retarded to put all that work into it, and then just drive it around like a bitchmobile.

If he wants to build a 300 WHP daily, it is totally possible.

Build it love it.

Not my style however. I respect my time a bit more than that. It's the same reason I don't take my car lapping, if I wanted to race a car, I would go buy some POS 2012 V8 Mustang GT and rub every other car on my way to victory.

Mustangs are disposable, there is only one MP5T. (Like Hilander, there can only be one)

But, it is my mustang, there are many like it, but this one is mine. Had too, only cause I own one though

It is like any built car, they should not be dailyed. You build it for one purpose, to run the piss out of it and set you back in the seat. Not to drive everyday, that's what Hondas are for.

But, it is my mustang, there are many like it, but this one is mine. Had too, only cause I own one though

It is like any built car, they should not be dailyed. You build it for one purpose, to run the piss out of it and set you back in the seat. Not to drive everyday, that's what Hondas are for.

well technically I have a street driven built "I used the term built loosely when compared to cars like mp5t" car driven year round...just might be shy of OPs 340hp goal until I grow some balls and turn up the boost.

and Im pretty sure i could have 8-10 mint BP drivetrains waiting in reserve for the cost of a built fsde motor and trans lol

If he wants to build a 300 WHP daily, it is totally possible.

Build it love it.

THIS ^ Beating on my car daily is one of the best parts of my everyday life. I would be depressed if I was always stuck driving a beater for half the year.

... Or in my case a 2009 Mazda 3 GT

this gets classified as second car, not a beater lol beaters need to have either 1. over 250,000kms 2. hard oil burning on start up 3.old enough to be worth nothing or 4. too much rust to be a nice car

if I came and carelessly put my beer down on the hood or roof on your nice maz3gt I bet you would be upset, cause its not a beater.

Last edited:
Back