??2nd & 3rd Gen Seats-Interchangeable??

loganss

:
98 Pro DX & ES & Mazda 6s
As the title suggests I'm wondering if the 3rd gen seats can be installed into a 2nd gen with little to no modification.

Anyone have any insight on this question?

well ... I guess no one has a definte answer to this or really cares.

I'll be looking into this at the junkyard so I'll post if I discover anything.

The seat brackets aren't interchangeable but maybe I can take the brackets off a 3rd gen and put the 2nd gen bracket on no prob. Who knows. (scratch)

with the track changes on the bottom of the seats they should be a direct bolt in. i know u can do 1st and 3rd gen seat swaps. i havent seen a 2nd gen bolt pattern in a while. they all may be interchangable.

Thanx caloyski5

I also found that out when I went to the junkyard to try. Sadly the seat from a 3rd gen 2.0L LX didn't fit in a 2nd Gen 96 LX. At least I tried. What a sad sad day for me.

Oddly enough it looked like the 626 seat was similar to the 3rd gens. I saw one overturned and the look similar. Didn't bother trying to see if it fit into the 3rd gen.

ive got a set of P5 seats for sale, or i sell several styles of racing seats and i have some more seats that i can order, just havent put on my site yet.

also found that out when i sold some bucket seats to a gen3(ford lynx) owner! hahaha..dickered me to a lower price!

Latest posts

Back