25cm/10" subwoofer into the spare tire molding

yesterday i was too tired to post some text along with the pics...

that enclosure is still "raw",not finished yet, but although it looks a little awry it fits like a glove.. grinding,painting,dampening etc...

there's one thing that must be mentioned..
the polyester resin we used to glue the sheets: it's aggressive like nothing else! as you can see it simply "melted" the plastic mugs we put it in and it also attacked the paint on the bottom of the tire mold and stuff like that.. we should have used epoxy resin which is a lot less agressive but takes more time to dry out...

Last edited:
Awesome! What is the overall volume going to be? And the mounting depth of the sub? You've sparked my interest in a fiber enclosure again :D

khaosman said:
Awesome! What is the overall volume going to be? And the mounting depth of the sub? You've sparked my interest in a fiber enclosure again :D

well i guess without my extra mold for first aid box it's going to be like 50litres...
mounting depth of the woofer is like ~13cm (5,11")

if you want some raw enclosure to work with, i can get you the guy's mail adress, he's a audio and DIY freak, he could surely make you some nice inexpensive enclosure...

Last edited:
TStar said:
well i guess without my extra mold for first aid box it's going to be like 50litres...
mounting depth of the woofer is like ~13cm (5,11")

if you want some raw enclosure to work with, i can get you the guy's mail adress, he's a audio and DIY freak, he could surely make you some nice inexpensive enclosure...

Dang that is nice :D I could port my Koda in that.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm sure shipping on that thing overseas would be killer. Plus I have a buddy who works at a shop that can do amazing things with fiberglass. How are you going to finish it btw? Will the stock carpet just go over it, or are you going to do something else?

Hey, so word tothe wise, plastic containers fo rmixing resin are fine, it's the ones that are High density Foam that melt. they will do this with all resins. (so you can't simply use an extra mcdonalds cup)

Beyond that, WOW. looks smooth and somewhat painless. how long did it take to make?

about 9hours
today i alread worked a lot on the 2nd part = outer appearance...

todayyyyyy

subwooferday216ie.jpg

subwooferday223ah.jpg

subwooferday234hw.jpg

Latest posts

Back