235/40/18 on RX8s?

SHAGwagn

:
'07 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Anyone done this or have pics? Im wondering if they will bubble out much more than my 225s. Just lookin to get some more grip when i get my new tires.

Attachments

• 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 152
BCs...rubs a little on the right sometime with people in the back. Thinkin of getting rolled. Will the 235 vs 225 give much more grip and wider look? I wasnt even sure if it was worth it.

You will get more grip. The sidewall will be over the rim more instead of being stretched trying to find grip on the sidewalls.

saying my current set up is stretched? just curious...got these bridgestones with the wheels i bought from an rx8 owner.

saying my current set up is stretched? just curious...got these bridgestones with the wheels i bought from an rx8 owner.

Not really. I just like the sidewalls to be blocked off more.

MeDrive2.jpg

100_2633.jpg

Last edited:
i hear u...stuck between a rock and a hard place now...i dont know how those particular tires will fit and i dont really want much more drama with the rubbing..just figured if i was gonna drop 5 bills on new tires id go a size up on the width and a size down on the sidewall.

i hear u...stuck between a rock and a hard place now...i dont know how those particular tires will fit and i dont really want much more drama with the rubbing..just figured if i was gonna drop 5 bills on new tires id go a size up on the width and a size down on the sidewall.

So what size sidewall right now? And as for the rubbing..inside or outside?

225/40's on RX-8's won't rub. I've got BC's and they're all the way down in in all 4 corners. 235's would probably be flush with the rim or barely pop over the wheel. Depending on how low you are, if you're not all the way down, you won't rub.

Last edited:
225/40's on RX-8's won't rub. I've got BC's and they're all the way down in in all 4 corners. 235's would probably be flush with the rim or barely pop over the wheel. Depending on how low you are, if you're not all the way down, you won't rub.

u running 225/40 on yours with the BCs all the way down? You have RX8s? Got any pics?

im not all the way down with the 225/45s and i rub a little. Thas why i was curious if i shud even go the 235/40s

major price diff for a little more sidewall...fukin wish i cud try these on first (deadhorse

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 111
major price diff for a little more sidewall...fukin wish i cud try these on first (deadhorse

Well shoot....you should have no problem then with the 40 series profile. Maybe get 3mm spacers to clear on the inside. I'm running the 225/45s on 18x8.5 +48. No rubbing at all

Pics of 235's:
9.jpg

7.jpg

DSC_7712.jpg

Last edited:
Well shoot....you should have no problem then with the 40 series profile. Maybe get 3mm spacers to clear on the inside. I'm running the 225/45s on 18x8.5 +48. No rubbing at all

no need for spacers, rubs on the outside. you got these sumitomos? got any pics of ur wheel and tire setup?

love the miata btw...makes me want the wider set up so my rim is a little in ...instead of out.

no need for spacers, rubs on the outside. you got these sumitomos? got any pics of ur wheel and tire setup?

love the miata btw...makes me want the wider set up so my rim is a little in ...instead of out.

My friend runs the sumi's on his mustang...or did and loved them. I'm running the Falken Azenis RT-615's right now. I'm going to 235's when they wear out. BTW..I'm at stock ride height.

100_3031.jpg

100_2820.jpg

100_2849.jpg

much thanks homie...think im gonna go up to 235 as well. gotta move forward....ill deal with the fenders then if i need to, shudnt be that hard in miami. just saw your dyno video...wats ur impression of the 3.25 ETS...worth it?

much thanks homie...think im gonna go up to 235 as well. gotta move forward....ill deal with the fenders then if i need to, shudnt be that hard in miami. just saw your dyno video...wats ur impression of the 3.25 ETS...worth it?

oh yea. Very worth it. Realiable, cut down my KR even more. Boost temps are about 5-10deg cooler than stock TMIC. I cant wait to feel the car in the winter. Super beastly. Car pulls harder all over. I got mine for a steal tho @ 400 ruples. I know someone selling theirs if your interested.

Last edited:
oh yea. Very worth it. Realiable, cut down my KR even more. Boost temps are about 5-10deg cooler than stock TMIC. I cant wait to feel the car in the winter. Super beastly. Car pulls harder all over. I got mine for a steal tho @ 400 ruples. I know someone selling theirs if your interested.

thanks for the pics on page 1...i love that car. wheels are a tad wider..not sure wat that means for me...i tink im gonna do the 235/40 anyway.

i was just talkin to someone on the other forum, skeeter, hes selling his for 5bills...ur guy selling for less? I told skeet at 565 new...500 is a hard buy used...if ur dude is less lemme know!

Back