215/45/17 on MP3

SKY

:
Mazdaspeed3
Anyone running 215/45/17 on MP3?

How's is that feel? is handling better?
Our stock size is 205/45/17.

Wondering if better to get 215/45/17 (I know MSP is 215/45/17 as well)

Last edited:
I don't know anyone with that setup, but it will be my setup next year when I get new rubber, if only to save from the curb-rash...from what some local guys have told me, it should be just fine.

That's I'm going for on my next set... which I need very badly seeing my front right tire is completely bald. There's many threads on this. They say that 215s will fit fine.. 225 you'll get a little rub.

I have 215/45/17 Kumho SPTs on the car for about 2 months now.

I had 215/40/17. This set up rides much better. With the slightly taller sidewall the ride is much better. It's basically an extra little bit of spring.

The gearing is fractionally taller now as well but not really noticeable. The speedo reads about 2-5mph off.

The car has a much better ride quality than the 215/40/17.

I'm Rolling 215/45/17 on my MP3, it looks like it rubs maybe just a little bit, but it won't for long, it will just wear a slight groove and you'll be fine.

Ya..the car has a better ride quality but you do gain some body roll. I'm going with 40s

I have had no noticeable difference in body roll. Even with a 45 series tire that is still a low profile. It is also a function of the sidewall so the brand/model of the tire makes a difference as well.

also for that 10mm extra width you may lost your MPG and take longer on 0~60 time...although very minimum...

If my car is dropped with Eibach (1.4fr and 1.8 rear), I will be better with 215/40/17?

I run 215/45/17 on my mp3 and it isnt a great difference but i prefer it over the stock

also for that 10mm extra width you may lost your MPG and take longer on 0~60 time...although very minimum...

I dont think it should make a difference on your gas millage unless you're constantly in rain.

for your 0-60, that should only inprove seeing you have "more" traction of the start.

I dont think it should make a difference on your gas millage unless you're constantly in rain.

for your 0-60, that should only inprove seeing you have "more" traction of the start.

Actually it will have an effect on both, although very minimal. You are are in effect rolling about 5% more with the 215/45/17. There for the gearing is a little taller and will actually slow your 0-60 time. If anything it should make gas mileage better as you will be turning about 5% less rpms on the tires.

Again this is really a negligible difference.

Back