20XX Mazda CX5 Spy Shots

No report seems to mention a possible FMIC... sad. I guess I have to wait a bit longer then.

Looks awesome. If it's anything like the new cx-9 then I'm already a huge fan. if you don't like the pointy front then you need to get you style sense checked out.

looks like a production version almost. Knowing Mazda's release history, I would not be surprised to see this release January / February 2017 as a 2018 model

I'm not a fan of pointy nose either. First of all doesn't look aerodynamic at all. The present CX 5, is pretty vertical already, which is borderline for me to being ugly. They want it to look like, the old 2002 BMW?

So there's a new grill again, back to a woven pattern instead of the horizontal lines. Still not possible for a fmic to be there? <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/qQCBr"><a href="//imgur.com/qQCBr"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
So there's a new grill again, back to a woven pattern instead of the horizontal lines. Still not possible for a fmic to be there? <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/qQCBr"><a href="//imgur.com/qQCBr"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That grille looks like mule grille, look how far the emblem sticks out beyond it. Still, could be the real grille with testing equipment (radar) behind the emblem. I wouldn't mind an inset grille like the Jaguar F-Pace.

Not all turbocharged vehicles have FMIC's.

This is true, however the new CX-9 uses a FMIC. Unless they add a hood scoop, I don't see where they can mount a TMIC. Air to water intercooler would probably be too much of a bespoke setup for just the CX-5.

This is true, however the new CX-9 uses a FMIC. Unless they add a hood scoop, I don't see where they can mount a TMIC. Air to water intercooler would probably be too much of a bespoke setup for just the CX-5.

Many stock air/air intercooler setups are just small ones mounted in the front corner of the bumper, down low. Factory setups are usually done that way probably to minimize the possibility of damage if it's exposed in front, and also to not block radiator flow.

Many stock air/air intercooler setups are just small ones mounted in the front corner of the bumper, down low. Factory setups are usually done that way probably to minimize the possibility of damage if it's exposed in front, and also to not block radiator flow.
If I'm not mistaken, the FMIC on the new CX-9 is mounted down low but directly in the center. If Mazda does drop the turbo engine into the CX-5, I would think they would use the same mounting location for the CX-5.. On the spy shots for the new CX-9, Derrick from Corksport noticed the FMIC in the photos. This is what I was hoping people would notice as well with the CX-5 spy shots, but it looks like we will have to wait longer.

(hand) ALL third gen mazdas/cx5 have a mounting spot for the FMIC because the diesel uses an fmic. It's right in front of the radiator at the bottom mouth.

So I went to test drive a cx9 today with my wife and the sales rep said that from what he hears the cx5 won't be getting the engine. BUT. The speed 3 will be announced. So we'll see.

Unfortunately if the cx5 won't be getting the engine the wife and I will probably move onto a cpo 535i .

Back