2024 CX-50 improvements?

geocord

:
2007 Mazda6i, 2003 Toyota Tundra V-8, 2002 Infinit QX4
Has anybody driven the 2024 and compared it to the 2023 model? Especially interested in the stated improvements to suspension and steering effort.

The elapsed time between test driving a 23 and purchasing a 24 is too long for me to make a definitive statement but I do feel that the steering is lighter at lower speeds.

We test drive a 23 early last year and was a tad harsh over bumps , flash forward to my wife's recent move from her 21 CX5 to the CX50 the improvement is very, very good! It's a date I say fun car to drive and she and I both prefer the ride and car to the CX5.

The elapsed time between test driving a 23 and purchasing a 24 is too long for me to make a definitive statement but I do feel that the steering is lighter at lower speeds.
Hmm I don't think this was an issue. I test drove a '23 (well, 2 of them) and the steering was noticeably lighter (boosted more?) than my CX-5's at low speed. I didn't like it because it didn't seem to match up with where I expected the car to go. It tightened up closer to the CX-5s at speed. I guess if you spent years driving CX-50's you'd be used to it, but the "parking lot" steering didn't seem as linear as I like.

We test drive a 23 early last year and was a tad harsh over bumps , flash forward to my wife's recent move from her 21 CX5 to the CX50 the improvement is very, very good! It's a date I say fun car to drive and she and I both prefer the ride and car to the CX5.
That is good to hear. Maybe I'd be interested in a CX-50 refresh in 2026. But maybe not if the cladding and fake vents remain.

Last edited:
Back