2019 CX-5 HUD position keeps resetting

COBRA617

:
2008 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
I just bought a 2019 Signature for my 16 y/o. She has been having issues with the HUD. When we got the car last week, she couldn't see the HUD. So I went into settings and moved it up to 0 (the midway point). It had been set to -4. We went out for a ride a day later and she said she couldn't see the HUD. I went back into settings and saw that it had moved back to -4. So I moved it back to 0. (I figured that maybe it was set to memory based on which key we were using....just a guess). Well she just came up to tell me that she can't see it again. So I am assuming it reset back to -4. Am I missing something here with this setting?

Thanks.

I just bought a 2019 Signature for my 16 y/o. She has been having issues with the HUD. When we got the car last week, she couldn't see the HUD. So I went into settings and moved it up to 0 (the midway point). It had been set to -4. We went out for a ride a day later and she said she couldn't see the HUD. I went back into settings and saw that it had moved back to -4. So I moved it back to 0. (I figured that maybe it was set to memory based on which key we were using....just a guess). Well she just came up to tell me that she can't see it again. So I am assuming it reset back to -4. Am I missing something here with this setting?

Thanks.

Perhaps show your daughter how to reset the thing so that she can take care of it herself?

its tied to the keyfob/seat memory if I recall. Just set the memory on 1 and 2 for the key. Should be ok.
I think that this is it. I didn't know about programming a key to keep settings (with the seat memory and the fob). Other cars that I own keep/memorize settings based on which key fob was used to unlock the car. (So unlock the car with key 1 and seat/settings changes are memorized to key 1). I went ahead and programmed her key to her settings and the other key to my preferences.

Thanks.

Both the keyfob and the seat memory are independently programmable.
With two keyfobs and two seat memories you have four programmable settings for the seat/HUD.
In practice, you combine one keyfob and one seat memory.

Back