2017 CX-5 drl question

Due to having parkers on.

European CX-5's have the same DRL's like us here in Oz land and not USA

This is silly, the light accents (all four corners) should be on all the time, independent of the headlights.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

This is silly, the light accents (all four corners) should be on all the time, independent of the headlights.

In order to mimick the look of the CX-9 which has front and rear DRLs for promotional shots/clips, they just turn on the parkers to do the job.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Has anyone contacted Mazda USA about this?

I like the idea of being able to turn ON or OFF my headlights too! I agree with you and I'll do the same if we get a 2018 CX-5 later, although I'll miss part of cool LED Signature DRLs a lot!

I hope more 2017 CX-5 owners who don't like this DRL configuration with LED headlights on all the time, call or email Mazda North American Operations expressing your opinion. I'd called and emailed them several times, but the rep's attitude seems like why do I care as I have a 2016 CX-5 and I already have the DRL configuration I preferred!

It's a shame because the light accents are really eye catching and the headlights on all the time takes away from it

Ok cool I was successfully able to disable the DRL and enable them again using the same steps. I can always turn them back on when needed lol

An you do a step by step?

I started with my light switch in the off position.
Engaged emergency parking brakes.
Push ignition button twice.
Step on brake and keep foot on brake the whole time.
Turn light switch to parking lights then back to off five times really quickly (have to scroll pass auto if you have auto lights)
Then hit the hazards 10 times really quickly (basically on and off 5 times)
Turn light to parking and off 5 times again.
Disengage emergency parking brakes.
Release foot from brake pedal.

Did this and I was able to turn off the DRL and on again with the same steps.

I started with my light switch in the off position.
Engaged emergency parking brakes.
Push ignition button twice.
Step on brake and keep foot on brake the whole time.
Turn light switch to parking lights then back to off five times really quickly (have to scroll pass auto if you have auto lights)
Then hit the hazards 10 times really quickly (basically on and off 5 times)
Turn light to parking and off 5 times again.
Disengage emergency parking brakes.
Release foot from brake pedal.

Did this and I was able to turn off the DRL and on again with the same steps.

Are you messing with me? [emoji23][emoji848]

I'll try this tomorrow

He's not messing with you. It's pretty funny.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2049.JPG
    IMG_2049.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 774
So yall are disabling DRL and instead of using Auto on the switch using the parking lights which disables the headlight but leaving the halo effect on?

He's not messing with you. It's pretty funny.

attachment.php
2017 Mazda Motor Corporation.

Where did you get this info? From a Service Manual?

The Owner's Manual says dealer has to do the change to disable the DRLs. I wonder if they use the same steps or they hook up Mazda computer to change the vehicle default setup?

Don't forget to click your heels 3 times at the end (rofl)

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

2017 Mazda Motor Corporation.

Where did you get this info? From a Service Manual?

The Owner's Manual says dealer has to do the change to disable the DRLs. I wonder if they use the same steps or they hook up Mazda computer to change the vehicle default setup?

I got the sheet from the dealer. They had to look it up and print it out. They tried several times and couldn't do it, so I asked if they would give me the instructions and I would do it myself. They had never heard of disabling DRL's before. Ever.

I tried a few times and it did not work. Finally I tried it then released parking brake at the end and it worked

I always leave my light on auto anyways I don't need them on during the day.

I do too sometimes, but when set to auto with DRL's disabled, nothing will light up at all during the daytime, including signature leds. You may already know that, but just thought I would mention it.

I haven't read through this whole post but surprised that this even has to be an issue. It's a shame Mazda went backwards with their LED headlights/DRLs with the 17. Especially when they all worked perfectly on the 16/16.5. Hopefully a software update can fix it.

I got the sheet from the dealer. They had to look it up and print it out. They tried several times and couldn't do it, so I asked if they would give me the instructions and I would do it myself. They had never heard of disabling DRL's before. Ever.
Thanks for the instruction. I've saved it for my future usage.

Dealers seem always like to say "we have never heard of" something ⋯ ;)

Latest posts

Back