2016 infotainment random crash / hard reset

Thanks for the update on this. I am updating mine from 51 to 55 right this very moment.

there is a way to reset, at least what I know of, is to press "mute+nav+back" buttons all at once for 10 seconds.

One thing a lot of people don't know is that it doesn't seems to have unicode support for song names, and IT WILL CRASH your system if you play them, it's kind of bizarre but the song will still play, then it'll slowly hang. The only way to resolve it at the moment is to rename those with english characters only.

Thanks for the update on this. I am updating mine from 51 to 55 right this very moment.

You're doing this yourself or you have your dealer do it for you? I'd love to just do it myself if I could find out where to get the software...

I'm confused. I'm on version 51, so I plugged in my sd card and went to the Mazda Toolbox program. The only update it says is for the nav maps. Made a backup of old maps and downloaded new one (took over 2 hours). Plugged it in and loaded. It still says version 51. Is this a different update than the maps? I don't see why I'd have to take into dealership to have them load newest software when I can do on my own with sd card and the Mazda Toolbox. Am I missing something?

I thought the mazda toolbox was only for map updates...

Is it? The dealership told me that's where I'd get all my updates from: music, software and maps. So do you have to bring into dealership to get software update to version 55?

Is it? The dealership told me that's where I'd get all my updates from: music, software and maps. So do you have to bring into dealership to get software update to version 55?

So I tried again and all I got was a message saying my map data was at the latest version.

Yeah, that's what I got after downloading my update this afternoon. So I guess the dealership told me wrong and you're unable to download software updates from Mazda Toolbox.

I'm confused. I'm on version 51, so I plugged in my sd card and went to the Mazda Toolbox program. The only update it says is for the nav maps. Made a backup of old maps and downloaded new one (took over 2 hours). Plugged it in and loaded. It still says version 51. Is this a different update than the maps? I don't see why I'd have to take into dealership to have them load newest software when I can do on my own with sd card and the Mazda Toolbox. Am I missing something?

Same here, sticked the SD card in, said there's update available, start the update, took forever (2 hours), took it back to the car and restart...still OS.51
I guess SOMETHING is updated then..oh Mazda.

Same here, sticked the SD card in, said there's update available, start the update, took forever (2 hours), took it back to the car and restart...still OS.51
I guess SOMETHING is updated then..oh Mazda.

Yea, just the map data. The website implies you can do all free updates online. But it seems software updates for the head units require the dealer.

Well, I am at the dealership right now watching them do the upgrade, and the upgrade files are definitely behind a password-protected wall on the Mazda website, so you won't be able to download them and do it at home. For this update you will have to go to the dealership.

Well, I am at the dealership right now watching them do the upgrade, and the upgrade files are definitely behind a password-protected wall on the Mazda website, so you won't be able to download them and do it at home. For this update you will have to go to the dealership.

That's great to know. Where did you see that there was an update made available? The only reason I knew was from this forum. I did a search on the internet and even checked mazdausa.com and didn't see anything about a system update. Do you know what the update contains?

Just called the dealership and the confirmed that you do, indeed, have to bring the car in to have the system update performed. Although, he said the only reason you would need to do this is if you are having current issues with your infotainment system (which I am not). He said the updates are nothing that you will notice if you aren't currently experiencing issues. He said if you were to go ahead and run the update, it would cause issues. So, it sounds like if you are NOT having issues, you can save a trip going to the dealership and continue as is.

That's great to know. Where did you see that there was an update made available? The only reason I knew was from this forum. I did a search on the internet and even checked mazdausa.com and didn't see anything about a system update. Do you know what the update contains?

Exactly, I got it from here and the dealer did not have a clue about the new version until I told them...

Well, I spent three hours at the dealership today where they downloaded the update twice and still were unable to install it in my car. Worked fine on another car in the showroom but for some reason mine just would not recognize the USB stick and the update files. So they will have to call Mazda on Monday to see what might be going on there.

What has the dealer update seemed to address. I have had mind lock up once .... And it randomly will not import/update text messages. Sometimes it works at pairing .... Sometimes not. Phone, contacts, call history, music are all fine ... But not text messages.

anyone know the service buliten number so my dealer can find it? They are telling they have heard nothing about it.

Subscribed....New here. First Mazda. Wife has a 16 CX5 GT with Tech, had it for about a month.

For some reason the Contacts never want to fully import from my GS5, and when they do import it is from my "Unassigned" contact list. Her Iphone 5s has no issues. We have also had issues with the Black nav screen more than once over the past month of ownership.

Back