2016 CX9 Owners Thread

Thanks! In the process of buying my silver CX9 GT, AWD! Currently at the bar waiting for them to do the detail work!

Thanks! In the process of buying my silver CX9 GT, AWD! Currently at the bar waiting for them to do the detail work!
You will like it - a lot!
8ef421b4852c9cf30359a20c13dbaf27.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes it is. I have a friend who is both a car guy and professional photographer. Great guy to know!

Yes it is. I have a friend who is both a car guy and professional photographer. Great guy to know!

I've looked at just about every CX-9 photo on the internet by the pros and this is one of the best. I love the silva too. It would be a very tough choice for me. Machine grey or silver.

ef0fc51f5d1d0d5c6f972eb5a01c0c7c.jpg

I don't think you could go wrong with either color. Here are a couple more pics.

8ca21946a278f85ddd8cfab1ee07dc77.jpg

8ad943118d4934e402810e69790140ac.jpg

Your GT looks amazing! wow! and the pictures looks incredible! Seems like a super pro photos taked by Mazda for a markeing campaign! ufff(rules)

That silver is sharp on the GT..... In Canada the Silver is only available on the lowest trim level.

That silver is sharp on the GT..... In Canada the Silver is only available on the lowest trim level.

Really?! That makes zero sense. Is silver not popular in Canada? It's been the best selling color in the US for many years now. Every trim of every model comes in silver.

after driving home from the dealership, I found a small rectangular piece of carpet—with two velcro strips on the back—on the floor in front of the 2nd row. anyone know what it is?

It is there alright!

Navigation: it's pretty ok. I took a call mid-trip, and I was asked how far away I was from my destination. Well, I had to clue. The screens I was on didn't give me an arrival timer. I imagine that info has to be somewhere...seriously, where is it? I do like how the voice kicks into the left channel and my podcast plays on the right.

The arrival info is on the bottom left of the screen. It is there alright!

Drove home my machine gray GT AWD on Saturday. $ 41,000, although I got an offer on email today for $ 39,896. Oh well!

Thus far about 100 miles. 23 mpg mixed. No crashes with the infotainment system yet -- although a bit bland in its color palette. The HUD is AWESOME! AC perfect. Great ride. My first Mazda, and gosh it is is fun to drive!

The dealer got me the retractable luggage hiding hatch and installed it. Evidently, the accessory list officially advertised does not correspond with what Mazda USA is now selling.

Absolutely no complaints thus far. Very glad I got this car.

after driving home from the dealership, I found a small rectangular piece of carpet—with two velcro strips on the back—on the floor in front of the 2nd row. anyone know what it is?

I have the same. I put this piece on the tool bag at the back, but I don't know what it is?

Drove home my machine gray GT AWD on Saturday. $ 41,000, although I got an offer on email today for $ 39,896. Oh well!

Thus far about 100 miles. 23 mpg mixed. No crashes with the infotainment system yet -- although a bit bland in its color palette. The HUD is AWESOME! AC perfect. Great ride. My first Mazda, and gosh it is is fun to drive!

The dealer got me the retractable luggage hiding hatch and installed it. Evidently, the accessory list officially advertised does not correspond with what Mazda USA is now selling.

Absolutely no complaints thus far. Very glad I got this car.

Congratulations! This new CX9 it's just amazing. Very good exterior design, amazing performance and interior materials matching deluxe segments, for sure. Fun to drive like no other in the segment. This is my second Mazda and my second CX9. And boy, I read and check the Pilot and Pathfinder a lot before the purchase. One of the best purchase I made in my life, for sure. Mazda hit out of the parke on this one. Again, congratulations!

BTW I have the reboot issue in my GT in the NAV, from time to time. I received an email from my dealer today, they will replace the unit.

Congratulations! This new CX9 it's just amazing. Very good exterior design, amazing performance and interior materials matching deluxe segments, for sure. Fun to drive like no other in the segment. This is my second Mazda and my second CX9. And boy, I read and check the Pilot and Pathfinder a lot before the purchase. One of the best purchase I made in my life, for sure. Mazda hit out of the parke on this one. Again, congratulations!

BTW I have the reboot issue in my GT in the NAV, from time to time. I received an email from my dealer today, they will replace the unit.

i think it's a software issue. both the units in my CX-5 and CX-9 have done this....albeit not that often. i don't think it's worth the pain and risk of changing the entire unit (plus problem may not go away).

i think it's a software issue. both the units in my CX-5 and CX-9 have done this....albeit not that often. i don't think it's worth the pain and risk of changing the entire unit (plus problem may not go away).

I agree. I'm seriously trying to avoid any change.

Actually the email says they will change only "the control module". I don't know what's that.

BTW today I was unable to launch the NAV. When I hit the NAV button, I just get the black screen with the text "loading NAV" and never was able to load. Perhaps is the memory SD? I even take a video in order to upload the mp4 file to youtube and share it with the dealer.

nav%20not%20load.jpg

I think it goes in the middle on the floor, middle row, in front of the middle seat.

It is definitely a software issue, but for all the work the design team has done in this car, the support and the engineers has s*** all over it with the infotainment system. The software is complete garbage and they don't seem to give a f*** to fix it. Replacing the unit will not do much, I want to avoid it too, but I'm going to do it. I'm going to make sure they spend lots and lots of money on fixing a problem that will keep coming back. It's an stupidity tax and it makes me feel better since I am pretty much pissed off every single morning driving to work bc the goddamn system fails. It's ok at first, then it just becomes annoying.
I'm an engineer myself... If they really wanted to, this problems would've been fixed... You can get into a Honda civic which cost half ass much and not have this ridiculous problems.
It's a good car, it'll never be great with the support Mazda gives it. We're all now in the honeymoon stage with out new purchase, but these issues will get old and very annoying soon... Then you'll find out your out of warranty and ******.
I'm currently not recommending any of my friends to buy this car... Just based on the frustration with the infotainment system.
/Rantover

I agree. I'm seriously trying to avoid any change.

Actually the email says they will change only "the control module". I don't know what's that.

BTW today I was unable to launch the NAV. When I hit the NAV button, I just get the black screen with the text "loading NAV" and never was able to load. Perhaps is the memory SD? I even take a video in order to upload the mp4 file to youtube and share it with the dealer.

nav%20not%20load.jpg

sometimes if you click on a different function (like "Communication") and then back to NAV it works. worth a try at least.

Back