2016 cx5 - getting Navigation for cheaper

npannu

:
cx5
Anyone know how I can get my hands on the 2016 cx5 navigation system for cheaper than the dealers? I live in Vancouver BC.

I think the Med Center Mazda ad that shows up here in the Forums has them for a little less. There might be other online Mazda parts that has them for even less. When in doubt, Google it.

cybercruiser is correct, Med Center Mazda has it on Ebay. I lucked out not too long ago and purchased the exact same SD card from another seller for less than what Med Center was asking.

PARTS NAME: ROM-NAVI
PARTS NO.: BHP1 66 EZ1B

It was advertised as being for a Mazda 3 (with Mazda Connect) but being that the part number was the same, I purchased it anyway. Works great!

Be wary about purchasing however, and make sure you get a brand new unit. The SD cards apparently marry themselves to the vehicle after 65 or so miles making them useless anywhere else.

I just use a Garmin Nuvi' LM40 with a weighted dash mount, works well enough, for around $100.

If you wait you can prolly find them on ebay. I seen a couple on there for the new systems for around 100 USD. You have to find one that Is for navteq not tomtom..

does the 2016 cx-5 touring require the gps unit? or does it just need the nav sd card put into the sd slot in the center console?

The 16 only needs the SD-Card - I just got the Mazda 6 2016 and the same thing.

I just got the CX-5 sport with the Mazda Connect Infotainment System. Is it true that it has the GPS system electronics and only needs this SD card? If so, what does the SD card contain, software and maps?

Last question, I found a card on ebay for $249. It is listed as "Genuine 2014 2015 Mazda3 Navigation DATA SD Card Part # BHP1 66 EZ1C" and earlier in the thread I saw it listed with a "B" at the end. Will this work? Is it just a newer version?

SD Navi Card.jpg

I just got the CX-5 sport with the Mazda Connect Infotainment System. Is it true that it has the GPS system electronics and only needs this SD card? If so, what does the SD card contain, software and maps?

Last question, I found a card on ebay for $249. It is listed as "Genuine 2014 2015 Mazda3 Navigation DATA SD Card Part # BHP1 66 EZ1C" and earlier in the thread I saw it listed with a "B" at the end. Will this work? Is it just a newer version?

View attachment 211107

im pretty sure thats the same listing i was looking at and i messaged that seller and he said the the ver c will indeed work on the 2016 models

The 16 only needs the SD-Card - I just got the Mazda 6 2016 and the same thing.

Wait are you sure about that? I thought that all cars WITH factory Navigation include the actual Module+SD Card. Cars not equipped with factory Navigation require you to purchase the Module + SD Card. The mentioned Module should be below where the BSM and traction control buttons are located.

Wait are you sure about that? I thought that all cars WITH factory Navigation include the actual Module+SD Card. Cars not equipped with factory Navigation require you to purchase the Module + SD Card. The mentioned Module should be below where the BSM and traction control buttons are located.

I wasn't sure about the same thing but there is an sd card slot in the front cubby next to the USB ports on the '16s, I just purchased the sd card so I will confirm in a couple days.

I have a 2015 touring. The $483 kit from med seems super easy to install just reading the .pdf. is it deceptive or actually difficult in reality?

I wasn't sure about the same thing but there is an sd card slot in the front cubby next to the USB ports on the '16s, I just purchased the sd card so I will confirm in a couple days.

just got the sd card today slipped it in and the nav was good to go

Pretty ghetto, but all CX-5's with bluetooth have voice NAV. Just go to Google Maps on your smart phone, and the voice directions will come from your speakers with bluetooth connected.

Pretty ghetto, but all CX-5's with bluetooth have voice NAV. Just go to Google Maps on your smart phone, and the voice directions will come from your speakers with bluetooth connected.

hmmmmm, never thought of that, will have to give that a try. :)

Back