2016+ CX 9 Infotainment System Improvements

karthik1516

:
Mazda CX9 GT 2018, Mazda3 2010
I like the CX 9 infotainment system. Though, there are some annoyances that are just software fixes. Wish Mazda considers them in their upcoming software updates.

There is no music stop button. I play a music from USB. I pause the music and stop the car. Then when turn-on the car, it automatically resumes the music. It should maintain the previous pause/play state properly.

A way to send addresses to the navigation system from phone. It is really hard to key-in the address especially with cities, that have multiple names. Even if they support voice recognition to read out the address, it will be great.

Photo frame app. Now, the 8 inch LCD screen is wasted to display the home screen option. Just like playing music, it could also recognize photo files and play a slideshow of photos.

Favorites button should be context sensitivity, depending on the audio source. Currently, you can only bookmark radio channels and not music folders in USB drive.

Apart from connecting via bluetooth, the infotainment should have Wifi and LTE sim card support. This will open up for magics to be done from Mazda Connect phone app. We can just a pop in a Tmobile or ATT data sim card and infotainment system can access internet anytime. When parked in home garage, it can connect to home wifi network. This way the Mazda connect app in your phone can connect with car computer system anytime and easily do tasks like remote starting.

Last edited:
Wishful thinking. Mazda is terribly slow with infotainment if you consider how many years they have been promising AA and ACP

Have you guys been answering the "focus group" surveys Mazda sends out via e-mail (got one for the CX-5 and recently one for the CX-9)? They provide a good way to tell them what they are doing right and wrong. Although, there's no guarantee they will listen to any of it.

I like the CX 9 infotainment system. Though, there are some annoyances that are just software fixes. Wish Mazda considers them in their upcoming software updates.

There is no music stop button. I play a music from USB. I pause the music and stop the car. Then when turn-on the car, it automatically resumes the music. It should maintain the previous pause/play state properly.

A way to send addresses to the navigation system from phone. It is really hard to key-in the address especially with cities, that have multiple names. Even if they support voice recognition to read out the address, it will be great.

Photo frame app. Now, the 8 inch LCD screen is wasted to display the home screen option. Just like playing music, it could also recognize photo files and play a slideshow of photos.

Favorites button should be context sensitivity, depending on the audio source. Currently, you can only bookmark radio channels and not music folders in USB drive.

Apart from connecting via bluetooth, the infotainment should have Wifi and LTE sim card support. This will open up for magics to be done from Mazda Connect phone app. We can just a pop in a Tmobile or ATT data sim card and infotainment system can access internet anytime. When parked in home garage, it can connect to home wifi network. This way the Mazda connect app in your phone can connect with car computer system anytime and easily do tasks like remote starting.
Even more annoying with radio. I can never turn off the radio. All I can do is mute. Mute is not off. Still the radio app runs in the background. Am I missing something? I am going to chat with Mazda customer support and ask how to stop music.

Last edited:
Even more annoying with radio. I can never turn off the radio. All I can do is mute. Mute is not off. Still the radio app runs in the background. Am I missing something? I am going to chat with Mazda customer support and ask how to stop music.

Curious what they tell you. Not being able to turn the stereo off makes no sense.

Back