2016 CX-9 - Clean Exterior Windshield Completely warning

kimck99

:
2016 CX-9 Signature
Hi All,

This evening, I was driving home from the gym and when I started the car, I noticed in the right information dial/screen, there was a message "Clean exterior windshield completely". While driving I cleaned the front windshield and rear window with fluid and wipers but no change. Then about 12 minutes later, the message was gone.

I tried looking through the manual to look for this message but could find it (albeit it not very thoroughly). Does anyone know what this message is and what it's indicating?

Thanks

Hi All,

This evening, I was driving home from the gym and when I started the car, I noticed in the right information dial/screen, there was a message "Clean exterior windshield completely". While driving I cleaned the front windshield and rear window with fluid and wipers but no change. Then about 12 minutes later, the message was gone.

I tried looking through the manual to look for this message but could find it (albeit it not very thoroughly). Does anyone know what this message is and what it's indicating?

Thanks

It is likely related to the windscreen portion where the laser/cameras are mounted in front of the rearview mirror...the setup in the CX9 is same setup as my previous Volvo and everytime I was coming out from an automated carwash (while dryer blew strong air) I would get a warning that the windscreen sensors were blocked. Hasn't happened to me yet on my CX9 though...

This happened to me in the summer during a long drive. The window was getting lots of bug hits. As I recall, I got a warning about the driving aids being disabled.

Probably fog on the camera lens - I've gotten the same warning with no visible crud on the outside of the windshield.

Thanks for the replies. Come to think of it, it was a bit cold last night and perhaps the frost/condensation may have covered the radar/laser sensor at the top of the windshield. What was odd was that I did turn on the wipers but no change. Perhaps it took some time to 'sense' the change.

I'll keep monitoring to see what happens this evening since it is expected to similar weather as yesterday.

Thanks all.

I've received several different types of messages regarding the camera and the active lane tracking. Likely was condensation on the camera. I've seen one message that says to turn on the front window defogger to clear the radar tracking. After a few seconds, it disappears.

Back