2016 CX-5 GT Navigation Updates!

Just downloaded 2014Q2, will see how it goes.

I wonder if that's just maps update, or it might improve GPS reception too. In my case navigation often shows my car swimming in the nearby lakes.
Anyone experiences GPS reception issues on 2016 GT?

No problems here, it is better then the tom tom i had in my previous CX-5. I always go differently from what the directions are, just to see if it re-calculates properly. But then again, I don't have any lakes nearby either. :)

hi

Update!

Just removed my Navigation SD card and placed it
In my laptop and fired up Mazda Toolbox and noticed a large update! Have not reinstalled the card back into the vehicle as of yet! Just for your information (for 2016 owners only)

Hello would it be possible to create a link to the sd card files so we can download it and put it in an sd card

There is no need to download and install TomTom HOME program because it does NOT work with this system and you will NEVER be able to connect the SD card to the program!
Hope this helps!
Cheers!

Would you guys know how we can get live traffic to work? (I'm in CA, USA)

Is there somethign that needs to be connected / enabled?

Does this mean anything for us 2016 CX-5 owners?

http://360.here.com/2015/06/22/50-countries-real-time-traffic-counting/

That's the one thing that I haven't figured out yet.

I've had the car 2 weeks and updated the map because the nearby main street was put in at least 5 years ago and was not on the map.... Updated maps - street still not there. Makes me wonder just how often they up date areas (this is Bakersfield, Ca). We have a new section of freeway that's a couple years old and not there either.

Update!

Just removed my Navigation SD card and placed it
In my laptop and fired up Mazda Toolbox and noticed a large update! Have not reinstalled the card back into the vehicle as of yet! Just for your information (for 2016 owners only)

Is it possible to get a link...? :)

I bought my car a week ago, and love it, but am not thrilled with the Nav at all. :(. Is there a way to tell what version is in my car to know if I should do this?

Nav seems to work when it wants to and not when I need it. My old garmin was awesome so I wasn't expecting problems. I'm one of those people who gets lost if clouds move overhead, so Nav is a must.

Oh, hi all, :).

The nav shutting down is likely due to the infotainment system firmware version. Check that and make sure you're on version 55, 55.00.753 is the most current. The SD card update only seems to affect the accuracy of the maps.

...sent...

I bought my car a week ago, and love it, but am not thrilled with the Nav at all. :(. Is there a way to tell what version is in my car to know if I should do this?

Nav seems to work when it wants to and not when I need it. My old garmin was awesome so I wasn't expecting problems. I'm one of those people who gets lost if clouds move overhead, so Nav is a must.

Oh, hi all, :).

What are you not thrilled about? I've had my 2016 cx5 for a month and no issues at all.

Just downloaded 2014Q2, will see how it goes.

I wonder if that's just maps update, or it might improve GPS reception too. In my case navigation often shows my car swimming in the nearby lakes.
Anyone experiences GPS reception issues on 2016 GT?

I just got my 2016 GT and I was driving through the nearby lake last night I just applied the updates so we'll see how that goes

I just got my 2016 GT and I was driving through the nearby lake last night I just applied the updates so we'll see how that goes

sorry for hijacking this thread, but I have a 2016 mazda6 and I am having trouble updating my maps. It still has updates from 2014 Q2 and there was another version released in April 2015 after that which doesn't show up when I am trying to update my maps. I am using a MacBook and not sure what the problem is.

The maps from 2014 Q2 seem horrendously outdated (speaking out of my 4k miles of drive so far in this car).

Brand new user here. Just purchased a 2016 CX-5 AWD with technology package yesterday and would like to know if anyone knows how to tell the current map I have in my navigation system. I downloaded the Mazda Toolbox program but was afraid to try and update my map since I'm using Windows Vista and the program only supports Windows 7 or above. Since I think the latest map is dated April 2015, I'm guessing my vehicle (purchased yesterday) already has the latest map. I'd just like to know how to identify the version currently in my car. Thanks.

Brand new user here. Just purchased a 2016 CX-5 AWD with technology package yesterday and would like to know if anyone knows how to tell the current map I have in my navigation system. I downloaded the Mazda Toolbox program but was afraid to try and update my map since I'm using Windows Vista and the program only supports Windows 7 or above. Since I think the latest map is dated April 2015, I'm guessing my vehicle (purchased yesterday) already has the latest map. I'd just like to know how to identify the version currently in my car. Thanks.

Just as an FYI, I purchased my vehicle brand new (2016 GT) 2 weeks ago and it did not have the most recent map update installed. I put my SD card into my computer, opened the toolbox and was informed that an update was available. I downloaded the update on Windows XP with no issue.

Just as an FYI, I purchased my vehicle brand new (2016 GT) 2 weeks ago and it did not have the most recent map update installed.

Same was true of my Infotainment version. These cars sit for a long time on boats, in customs, in holding lots, and on trains and car carriers. Just because its brand new doesn't mean it has all the latest updates.

map version can be confirmed by using toolbox

did you try using your vista OS?
supported vs works can be different

suggest you make a backup of the current file (using toolbox) before updating
THEN make a backup of the updated ones

can also purchase a similar sd card and install the backup to it - keep one at home, one in vehicle

Back