2015 Mirror Shake?

What has stumped me is why the passenger side mirror doesn't seem to exhibit the same problems.

Yeah, I've wondered that same thing myself. It would almost be worth it if I was sure to get the new styled mirror. Mine is a 2015 with the old style.

Just about everyone with this problem agrees: The driver side vibrates while the passenger side is stable. I guess someone's gonna have to post pics of the internal structure of each side mirror for a comparison. Essential mimic the passenger's side structure and apply it to the driver's side.

Just about everyone with this problem agrees: The driver side vibrates while the passenger side is stable. I guess someone's gonna have to post pics of the internal structure of each side mirror for a comparison. Essential mimic the passenger's side structure and apply it to the driver's side.

The door structure on both sides are identical - just in the reverse for left and right.

The passenger side is a convex mirror, with a wider field of view. This means that even if it vibrates in the same way as the driver-side mirror, these vibrations might not be visible because the objects being reflected move much less because of the convex effect.

The passenger side is a convex mirror, with a wider field of view. This means that even if it vibrates in the same way as the driver-side mirror, these vibrations might not be visible because the objects being reflected move much less because of the convex effect.

Bingo! Exactly what the mechanic told me

Back