2015 Mazda CX-5 Torque Converter Recall??

Yes, mine was a recall of a recall, and as I mentioned earlier, most of the affected cars were apparently re-worked before sale (as was mine, it just wasn't done correctly). Props to the service manager for finding it. Work was completed in two days. Torque Converter replacement and wheel alignment per recall DWR02. So far everything seems good after a couple of hundred miles. Lots of stop-and-go on my commute these days so the torque converter gets a workout ;-).

Thanks for the responses and links. I will definitely call Mazda US Customer service on Monday before I drop off the car. I'm definitely not thrilled about major surgery on a car with only 1600 miles on it. I'll let you folks know what I find out.

Mazda is not one to jump the gun and pay for repairs that aren't needed. So be glad they have acknowledged the problem and are willing to correct it.

I received a call from the service manager at the dealer where I purchased my 2015 CX-5 (2.5 engine) 6 weeks ago and was told that my car has been recalled and he needs to replace the torque converter in my car as soon as possible (2-3 day job). I've searched on this forum, Mazda's site, and elsewhere on the web and have found no information about a recall for the 2015 CX-5, for this or any other reason.

Can anyone point me to more information about this recall, and the reason for it? Thanks.

Several have posted about dealers calling. I got the same call 5 days after buying the car. Making matters worse the service manager was falling all over himself - seems the slimy sales guy sold me the vehicle that was clearly tagged by service 2 weeks before (waiting for parts) to have its TC checked and replaced if necessary. The sales guy apparently threw out the paper, had the back lot guys clean it, then bring it out front for me to drive away. I got it for my daughter. She is 200 miles away. Bringing back to dealer is a major hassle. I'm not a fan of this dealer right now...

Several have posted about dealers calling. I got the same call 5 days after buying the car. Making matters worse the service manager was falling all over himself - seems the slimy sales guy sold me the vehicle that was clearly tagged by service 2 weeks before (waiting for parts) to have its TC checked and replaced if necessary. The sales guy apparently threw out the paper, had the back lot guys clean it, then bring it out front for me to drive away. I got it for my daughter. She is 200 miles away. Bringing back to dealer is a major hassle. I'm not a fan of this dealer right now...

What is the build month of your '15?

I find it very surprising that Mazda cannot track defective parts based on vin# alone. All components of the vehicle system has their dedicated part # that correlates to its specific production/vendor batch (at the very least). This is standard QA function for any large company.

+1 no excuse

I find it very surprising that Mazda cannot track defective parts based on vin# alone. All components of the vehicle system has their dedicated part # that correlates to its specific production/vendor batch (at the very least). This is standard QA function for any large company.
+1 no excuse
This is not surprising. Mazda is a pretty small car manufacture company since Ford left. Even Japan's Takata, which is one of the largest airbag manufactures in the world, couldn't provide the trace information for its products with metal shard spewing issue when deployed. This makes Honda, Toyota, Nissan and others suffer major hit by making many airbag recalls to their cars including those which may not have such issue.

Latest posts

Back