2015 CX-5 Navigation Question

Davicho

:
ZoomZoom
Hello guys I am sorry if this has been discussed before but I tried searching and also reading my manuals and I just could not get an answer. We just bought a 2015 CX-5 GT w/Tech Pkg. and obviously it came with navigation. My question is the following:

When I have a destination imputed into the navi and I am driving following the directions, if my wife answers or makes a call on her phone which is linked to the Bluetooth, the navi continues to work except it mutes itself and the audible directions do not work. I tried to see if I can change the settings on the navi or the Bluetooth but I couldn't find anything. Do any of you know if there's a way to override this muting so that the audible directions continue to work even if a phone that's linked to the Bluetooth is in use?

Any info will be appreciated. TIA!

Not sure about the navigation but when I accept the call and if my wife use the handset the system auto switch to the handset or you can select it on the screen. I notice the music stop when we're using the phone via bluetooth but the music resume when I switch to handset or the system does it. The Nav voice may return if you switch to handset. I guess the system can do one audio at a time, if this is the case and you're driving alone I suppose you have to look at the screen for direction change.

Not sure about the navigation but when I accept the call and if my wife use the handset the system auto switch to the handset or you can select it on the screen. I notice the music stop when we're using the phone via bluetooth but the music resume when I switch to handset or the system does it. The Nav voice may return if you switch to handset. I guess the system can do one audio at a time, if this is the case and you're driving alone I suppose you have to look at the screen for direction change.

Next time this scenario happens I will check the screen for any buttons I can press to confirm she is on the phone itself rather then using the Bluetooth feature because since she is talking on her phone and I am driving, technically I can still and should be able to hear the audible prompts from the navi.

How odd. I have all my navigation devices set to mute so I've never noticed.
One thing you can do, go to Phone, then Settings/Setup, Tap on the Phone from the list.
You should see that "Phone" and "Music" are selected. Tap on Phone to unselect it, so it will not use the phone for phone call audio via the Infotainment unit.
I think that should work so that the TomTom Navigation will still do voice guidance if she's on the phone.

How odd. I have all my navigation devices set to mute so I've never noticed.
One thing you can do, go to Phone, then Settings/Setup, Tap on the Phone from the list.
You should see that "Phone" and "Music" are selected. Tap on Phone to unselect it, so it will not use the phone for phone call audio via the Infotainment unit.
I think that should work so that the TomTom Navigation will still do voice guidance if she's on the phone.

Thanks I'll try that!

Back