2015 CX-5 Driver' Seat Wear

To hold you in better in the twisties, obviously.

Zoom-zoom!

I came from a 2008 Honda Accord and the bolsters were not so big. Don't remember having a problem with the Accord seat during twisty drives. The CX-5 bolsters really help in keeping you in place, but I was wondering whether this is how it is with other cars in the segment (like CR-V, RAV-4, Rogue etc.) or is it just a CX-5 thing.

SO CAUTION-- REMOVE THE BACK HEADRESTS WHEN FOLDING THEM FORWARD-- Lesson learned the hard way.

Or replace them with the low profile style that is available everywhere but here. The rear seats fold down without touching the fronts at all.

Found my seat pad in house wears at my local Walmart. I don't know how to post pictures yet. Ed

I came from a 2008 Honda Accord and the bolsters were not so big. Don't remember having a problem with the Accord seat during twisty drives. The CX-5 bolsters really help in keeping you in place, but I was wondering whether this is how it is with other cars in the segment (like CR-V, RAV-4, Rogue etc.) or is it just a CX-5 thing.

I think this is a personal fit type of thing. I like the seats on the CX-5, the wife thinks her Honda has nicer seats. You just have to try 'em to find out how you fit.

I came from a 2008 Honda Accord and the bolsters were not so big. Don't remember having a problem with the Accord seat during twisty drives.

Maybe you weren't pulling many G's? It all depends upon how you drive and what kind of tires you have on there. While the CX-5 can pull around .81 g's continuously, the instantaneous forces can go much higher while driving rally style. I actually like the way the CX-5 seats "coddle" my body.

Also, some body shapes need less bolstering than others. No manufacturer makes a single seat that fits all. American makers have, traditionally, tried to fit everyone with wide, flat seats (recognizing that Americans often look like this):

2013-06-24.jpg

Even baggy shirts can't cover up this.

Buy the car that fits. Or, better yet, if you're too wide for the CX-5 seats do a major life turn about and make a goal to hit your most healthy weight. It only takes most people about a year to do it, two years if really obese. The benefits are astounding. The craving for more and more food is usually caused by being under-nourished. The body is often craving nutrients, not calories. By quitting processed foods and sodas with little nutritional value (often sweetened with high fructose corn syrup) and eating more nutritious whole foods the body will gradually stop craving more and more calories (when it obviously doesn't need them). And stop driving your car when you are only going two-four blocks! Walking is almost as fast.

Maybe you weren't pulling many G's? It all depends upon how you drive and what kind of tires you have on there. While the CX-5 can pull around .81 g's continuously, the instantaneous forces can go much higher while driving rally style. I actually like the way the CX-5 seats "coddle" my body.

Also, some body shapes need less bolstering than others. No manufacturer makes a single seat that fits all. American makers have, traditionally, tried to fit everyone with wide, flat seats (recognizing that Americans often look like this):

Buy the car that fits. Or, better yet, if you're too wide for the CX-5 seats do a major life turn about and make a goal to hit your most healthy weight. It only takes most people about a year to do it, two years if really obese. The benefits are astounding. The craving for more and more food is usually caused by being under-nourished. The body is often craving nutrients, not calories. By quitting processed foods and sodas with little nutritional value (often sweetened with high fructose corn syrup) and eating more nutritious whole foods the body will gradually stop craving more and more calories (when it obviously doesn't need them). And stop driving your car when you are only going two-four blocks! Walking is almost as fast.

It's the other way around for me. I'm a guy weighing 150 pounds and 5'5" height. Fit, healthy and lean for my height and age. Since I'm short, I feel the bolsters rub against my behind every time I get in and out of the car. I try to consciously lift myself above the bolsters but it might look funny to others I guess. Not that I care, just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the other way around for me. I'm a guy weighing 150 pounds and 5'5" height. Fit, healthy and lean for my height and age. Since I'm short, I feel the bolsters rub against my behind every time I get in and out of the car. I try to consciously lift myself above the bolsters but it might look funny to others I guess. Not that I care, just saying.

Maybe the bolsters are too far apart for your skinniness? No one seat can be ideal for all body types. If the problem is primarily entering/exiting the vehicle I'm sure you can develop a method that works and doesn't abuse the upholstery (or look funny to potential onlookers).

....Also, some body shapes need less bolstering than others. No manufacturer makes a single seat that fits all. American makers have, traditionally, tried to fit everyone with wide, flat seats (recognizing that Americans often look like this):

2013-06-24.jpg

!Hoo Whee! Wonder what kind of comments this is going to generate - you brave soul! Can't disagree with you tho.....(2thumbs)

[emoji443]Teenage waistline, It's only teenage waistline, They're full waisted!" [emoji445]

Back