2014 Mazda6 Project

I just installed the Kensun 5000k 35w H11 HID kit in my 2014 touring. Install was extremely easy, took all of about 30 minutes. Any hid kit you buy should have the harness built in for connecting the ballast to the cars power, and from the ballast to the bulb. The bulb just screws in place of the old one.
Unbutton your wheel wells and its easy access. They look really good, very bright with good cutoff.
the kensun have a 2 year warranty and really good reviews on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

also replaced all of my interior lights and license plate light.

Here is a link to a kit for all of the interior LEDS (can be bought separately for way cheaper)

these are the ones i used for the license plate light:

thanks for these i wasnt sure what i needed

@monkee what was the bulb type for the fog light system that came with the GT?

I have a SoulRed GT and I want to get a conversion kit for it as well.

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

image-50.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

2014 Mazda 6 GT
Here's the mod list:
Niche M129 Targa 20"
Hankook V12 245/40/20
Black vinyl roof
Chrome vinyl fog light trim
12% tint all around, 7" 12% 2 piece visor and clear ceramic windshield tint
Rear emblems removed, black painted front emblem
Aluminum pedals
Injen CAI
Racing Beat axle back exhaust
5000K HID kit fog lights
Amber LED front turn signals
Red LED rear turn signals
White LED rear license plate lights
White LED trunk light
White LED interior lights/door/glove box
Stainless steel Mazda door sill trim
Mazda trunk cargo liner
Mazda trunk cargo net
Head rest blazer hanger
Dynamat lined trunk/rear deck/doors/roof/hood/front fender/firewall
Black felt trunk liner
Door latch covers
Custom center console tray

Future Mods:
Ram air intake
1 to 2 exhaust
Big brake kit
M'z Custom body kit

Last edited:
Hey, Guys. Thanks for the nice words. I missed a few questions on this post. Above photos were about a month ago and I'm at a resting point until I find more things to play with.

-The fog light bulbs are H11. I went with 5000K and the colors match very well. Invest in a quality HID system so that you won't have to keep removing the under cover. "Set it and forget it" is worth the extra $$$.
-I decided to NOT lower my 6. The only way I would do it is if I invest in coil overs and new struts. This is my car for work and now that I am older, the street race look and stiff ride isn't my thing, anymore. I take clients in this car and I'm happy exactly where the car sits...and I have the function of the full suspension.
-I have 20" wheels with 40 series tires that fill the gap nicely. There is a bit of tire rub when the car is under heavy load but no damage, just noise when it runs. Wheels are 20 x 8.5 with 35mm offset, tires are 245/40/20.
-I also installed aluminum pedals from a 2013 CX-5, so it fit perfect. I found it on eBay before the Mazda CX-5 lettering was etched in, so it only cost $35.
-I also cut down a 2012 Mazda3 center console tray to fit my 6.
-I also took out that little instrument panel light trunk light and replaced it with a set of LED lights. 4 dime sized LED lights with 21 diodes on each coin sizes disc. That's 84 diodes lighting the trunk. Strips are usually directional, these coins are 360 directional. I also added a momentary switch with let's me manually turn off the trunk light while it's open.

Can't wait to finish my mod list. I'll keep you all posted.

Last edited:
I may have missed something...is that a Grand Touring?

I'm guessing it is because it has the sunroof.

image-59.jpg

image-60.jpg

image-61.jpg

Yes, it is a GT. Ralph at SWR Motorsports sourced out there nickle sized LEDs and they are thin as a nickle. They are fully replaceable with connectors in the wiring. It is wired to the old trunk light wiring and the manual switch was added to an existing hole. It works automatically or I can turn it off if I don't want my valuables illuminated at night...I move some valuable stuff sometimes. It cannot be seen from the outside and lights up the whole trunk. I'll get a pic off the LEDs at night and post it tonight.

I also just decided to paint the engine cover to match the exterior. Rustoleum white high temp spray paint and 3 coats later, it's done. It's a nice flat white, too. Colors come in white, black, red, grey, almond and silver.

image-62.jpg

A lot of effort for something that no one will ever see, lol. It's exactly what the center console is missing and needed. It's from a 2012 Mazda 3 cut down 3/4" and sanded for fit. JB weld and it's done. $16 from the dealer...I need to stop with this car, already!

Last edited:
nice, that looks awesome

did you pull the tiny wedge socket out and remove that from the car and just wire the leds directly to those wires?

nice, that looks awesome

did you pull the tiny wedge socket out and remove that from the car and just wire the leds directly to those wires?

Yup, gotta pull the little socket trough the back deck, cut then feed it back through the hole. A little solder and done.

Awesome car!

About the tints... how'd you tint the rear? Whole rear deck gotta come out? Any tips to doing this?

Hey, Guys. Thanks for the nice words. I missed a few questions on this post. Above photos were about a month ago and I'm at a resting point until I find more things to play with.

-The fog light bulbs are H11. I went with 5000K and the colors match very well. Invest in a quality HID system so that you won't have to keep removing the under cover. "Set it and forget it" is worth the extra $$$.
-I decided to NOT lower my 6. The only way I would do it is if I invest in coil overs and new struts. This is my car for work and now that I am older, the street race look and stiff ride isn't my thing, anymore. I take clients in this car and I'm happy exactly where the car sits...and I have the function of the full suspension.
-I have 20" wheels with 40 series tires that fill the gap nicely. There is a bit of tire rub when the car is under heavy load but no damage, just noise when it runs. Wheels are 20 x 8.5 with 35mm offset, tires are 245/40/20.
-I also installed aluminum pedals from a 2013 CX-5, so it fit perfect. I found it on eBay before the Mazda CX-5 lettering was etched in, so it only cost $35.
-I also cut down a 2012 Mazda3 center console tray to fit my 6.
-I also took out that little instrument panel light trunk light and replaced it with a set of LED lights. 4 dime sized LED lights with 21 diodes on each coin sizes disc. That's 84 diodes lighting the trunk. Strips are usually directional, these coins are 360 directional. I also added a momentary switch with let's me manually turn off the trunk light while it's open.

Can't wait to finish my mod list. I'll keep you all posted.

Where exactly does the tire rub?

Awesome car!

About the tints... how'd you tint the rear? Whole rear deck gotta come out? Any tips to doing this?

Thanks, I didn't tint it. Ralph at SWR Motorsports did the full tint. He just removed the 3rd brake light and he had tint wedge tools.

Where exactly does the tire rub?

If you feel along the rear fender of the Gen3 6, you will see where it was factory rolled. Directly above front center of the wheel you will notice a lip that widens inward. Looks like a rubber weld wal put all around the fender cut outs. I'm pretty sure that if I peel it, that double lip will come right off...along with the paint. It's not a big deal, just sounds horrible but it doesn't even mark the tires.

This car keeps looking better and better every time I visit the page, wish I had the balls to mod up mine a little more. But those led lights in the trunk are sweet.

that car see beautiful, all details are great, congratulations....

but, that front license plate, you have fix quickly, put thing like this:
20130301_142126.jpg

the size it is diferent, but see great....

that car see beautiful, all details are great, congratulations....

but, that front license plate, you have fix quickly, put thing like this: the size it is diferent, but see great....

Wow, that color is amazing on the 6. Trust me, I would have left the front license plate off completely. Here in California, it is a $60 ticket and is usually given by parking enforcement cops. If Highway Patrol gives you a ticket, it's a fix it ticket and is a hassle to get it written off. I drove my truck for 7 years without a front plate and I must have received 3 fix it tickets and at least a dozen fines. Not worth it to me but I wish we had Euro plates.

I just installed the Kensun 5000k 35w H11 HID kit in my 2014 touring. Install was extremely easy, took all of about 30 minutes. Any hid kit you buy should have the harness built in for connecting the ballast to the cars power, and from the ballast to the bulb. The bulb just screws in place of the old one.
Unbutton your wheel wells and its easy access. They look really good, very bright with good cutoff.
the kensun have a 2 year warranty and really good reviews on amazon.

also replaced all of my interior lights and license plate light.

Here is a link to a kit for all of the interior LEDS (can be bought separately for way cheaper)

these are the ones i used for the license plate light:

Hi all,
New to this forum. Just recently purchased a brand new 2014 iSport in automatic and love it. I unfortunately did not have enough $$$ to purchase a higher trim level, but still extremely satisfied with what I have. I am very new to lighting on cars as my last vehicle was from 2001 and I didn't mess with it much knowing I was going to purchase a new car. Would anyone be able to help me out with front lighting changes? I would like to opt for the brighter headlights and make a lot of my halogen lights on the front (i.e. daytime running lights) into brighter LEDs if at all possible. If anyone has good links and some instructions on install, I would greatly appreciate. Monkee, car looks great, the subtle changes are awesome. Thanks guys.

^Sorry, mine is a GT and it came with the Bi-xenon HID lights. Not sure what size it is, I'm pretty sure I saw a threat about this subject. If you install HIDs...spend the money on a quality unit. The money that you'll spent replacing the $30 ones from eBay will add up.

Also, scratch the Cold Air Intake off my mod list. Installed the Injen CAI yesterday...sounds great and you can feel the difference.

Yup, gotta pull the little socket trough the back deck, cut then feed it back through the hole. A little solder and done.

Monkee, any chance you could post links for the parts and some DIY instructions to do the LED for the trunk? I really like the look and would like to do the same. Thanks.

Back