2014 Mazda3 Sedan?

:
2015 Soul Red 6 Sport Auto 2016 Accord EX Auto
Although I like the versatility of a hatch this car looks odd with the long snout and short tail. I will hold final judgement until seen in person. Has anyone seen a sedan?

2014M3sedan_zps9d335f77.jpg

I concur, I am not a fan of the stubby back on the hatchback version, makes it look to much like a CUV instead of a hatchback car.

Ya, i'm waiting to see this at the LA Autoshow. I didn't like the 2nd generation Mazda 3, but I kinda like this one. Still waiting to see it in person though to see if i will get a 2014 or wait a year to see if they do some changes. I just want a new car lol.

Thanks for sharing. The upturned side window trim, further exacerbated by chrome finish, seems to make the C-pillar needlessly fussy and lacks any flow or purpose. It doesn't look quite as bad on the hatch since it sort of angles toward the rear spoiler, but this element substantially detracts from its rear 3/4 view. Keeping it flowing with the rear fender crease would have been a much more appealing solution.

Overall, it's still the best-looking C-segment hatch and sedan in the US, but the 6 has a more complete, coherent look to my eye.

I saw this post this morning and thought it was just the new mazda 3 hatchback doing a photoshoot with the 6. I came back now and noticed it's the 3 sedan lol Looks great tho, definitely better looking than the current 3. Kudos to mazda for making such a great looking car. I can't say the same for the new corolla tho but I think that'll still sell more than the 3 just because it's a toyota.

Thanks for sharing. The upturned side window trim, further exacerbated by chrome finish, seems to make the C-pillar needlessly fussy and lacks any flow or purpose. It doesn't look quite as bad on the hatch since it sort of angles toward the rear spoiler, but this element substantially detracts from its rear 3/4 view. Keeping it flowing with the rear fender crease would have been a much more appealing solution.

Overall, it's still the best-looking C-segment hatch and sedan in the US, but the 6 has a more complete, coherent look to my eye.

i have the same issue with what you described, if they made the C pillar flow like the 6 w/o that strange up turn it will look a lot better. Other than that the 3 is a great looking car, better any other compact offerings

Last edited:
It's a nice looking sedan, and if I actually liked sedans I'd probably consider it. But when I see that short of a decklid I just ask myself why they didn't just make it a liftgate all the way to the roof.

Bottom line, I think that sedan would look great as a liftback-style hatchback. :)

I like what they did with the infotainment system, I wonder how modular it actually is.

Definitely like the center-mount tach display better. Both dashes are nice though.

049-2014-mazda3-hatch.jpg

056-2014-mazda3-hatch.jpg

Back