2014 CX5 GT tech package. Audio dropouts. Nav issues...

:
2012 Mazda3GT, 2014 CX5GT
Anyone having issue with random audio dropout regardless of source? Radio, cd, bluetooth will randomly dropout for a second. Changed the audio monitor to off position. Still does it.
As for the NAV system......
Anyone experience spinning vehicle icon when stopped at a light? The road just spins around. So annoying and just seems like a piece of junk. So disappointed for the cost of this stupid thing.

I have not experienced the audio drop outs, but the spinning nav map is probably due to the way the satellite GPS works, and it may not know exactly which was the car is pointed, I have had the map switch directions when at a light. This also happens on other navigation systems or applications on my phone. Unlike a phone though there is no cell service to get a general location. But even using google maps with just the GPS and not using the cell signal to find my location and it does this on occasion.

Sounds like poor connections to the antenna but if you are on FM HD it may be normal for radio to do this if signal in the area is weak. Also check the version of the GPS as others have stopped the spin by updating to the current 10.852 level and adding the current GPS quick satellite locate file.

Are you're its not the lane departure warning cutting the Sound? I've heard someone on here has had that issue. Otherwise good luck.

Have you done a system reset? Your dealer can do that when you complain about the problem. Have you read the user manual? There are a lot of custom settings that may contribute to your problem. Good luck 😄 (thumb)

Turn the car off. Remove the nav SD card for ten seconds. Reinstall the SD card and close the slot cover. Turn on the car. Nav will reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you're its not the lane departure warning cutting the Sound? I've heard someone on here has had that issue. Otherwise good luck.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that US versions of the CX-5 have the lane departure warning?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that US versions of the CX-5 have the lane departure warning?
Odd... Mine does. It's a loud screeching noise that comes from the passenger side of the car. Or maybe that's just my wife?

Well we just came back from a good road trip and audio dropouts frequent. NAV actually shut down and didn't show up on screen with voice or manual selection. NAV screen froze when it was working. I'm convinced this whole system is buggy. I've videoed the spinning action to show the dealer as it is intermittent I feel when paying a premium for this equipment it better work as it should, so I'm feeling very disappointed to say the least. Thanks for the input folks!

Yes. Dealer has done updates to no avail. Symptoms seem to be getting worse. Audio dropouts regardless of source. NAV freezing up and even shut down to a black screen.

Yes. Dealer has done updates to no avail. Symptoms seem to be getting worse. Audio dropouts regardless of source. NAV freezing up and even shut down to a black screen.

It sounds like you may have a defective unit at a hardware level.

I am not sure what version but dealer has investigated and told me it's up to date. I will remove card and follow up with a reboot.

Back