2013 Navigation in a 2012 GT without NAV

Waiting for it. I would also like to replace my existing 2012 GT navigation with this tom-tom unit.

Do you think it would be plug and play with the 2012 w/ NAV and w/out NAV but with BOSE?

This will not work with the 2012. The 2013 models move to the new Infotainment System found in the CX-5. The part on Mazdaparts.org is just the usb module to enable the NAV on the new system. Now, the head unit as a whole may work, but you would spend an arm and a leg trying to get it put in.

If you also notice, on the 2013 cx-9, the MID is now just limited to HVAC info, clock, and MPG / travel info. All Stereo functions are now shown on the Radio.

Thanks for the Info. I thought the $500 was too good to be true. At least 500 is a reasonable cost for those with 2013s that want to upgrade. My volvo s60 has nav prep in it but it would cost $1500 for the upgrade of just updating software on it.

It does seem that the 2013s had a price increase, but the new tech package with NAV is cheaper than the old NAV option; so the price increase seems to be a wash or possibly less than outgoing 2012s. However, the 2012s have big incentives. I have a friend that is trying to decide between a 2012 and a 2013. It almost seems for an extra 3 grand or so to just go with the 2013 for this upgrade along with the rear sensors, bixenon in grand touring, etc.

Back