2013 GT New Owner, with a problem already.

bob23

:
2013 CX-9 GT AWD Pearl White
So far I only put around 500 miles on the car and loved every minute. I've been reading about some of the common problems and am trying to determine if mine has any of them. So far the drivers mirror appears to be solid. Unfortunately it does have to go to the dealer tomorrow because the Bluetooth stopped working. The options on the screen are greyed out and can not even be accessed. Hopefully it's an easy fix and the whole unit doesn't have to be replaced. I did read of a few that were successful in getting it working again by unhooking the battery for a few minutes but the Mazda service department didn't want me to do this, they wanted the CX9 brought in. Aside from the current issue the CX9 has been awesome.

Un hooking the battery is not a "no-no," it's just a pain in the mouth to re-program radio stations, re-initialize the windows, set the clock, re-initialize the rain sensor if needed, re-initialize the steering angle sensor (for some people).... you don't always have to re-do all the above stuff, just sometimes. More of a pain.

Sorry about your luck. Keep those exhaust pipes shiny!

Congrats on the purchase!

Got the CX-9 back. So far the problem has not re-occurred. I know I can handle the simple things mentioned above but is there any special tools needed to complete the others such as re-initializing the rain sensor or steering angle sensor. I'm thinking down the road when the battery eventually needs to be replaced, hopefully it won't require a trip to the dealer. Thanks a lot.

Bob

The rain sensor I think is detailed in the owners manual... basically involves turning of the ignition & combo switch for the wiper through various cycles. The steering angle sensor...I've never had to "calibrate" it so I'm not sure, but I replaced my 12v battery (Interstate Megatron Plus fyi) and didn't have any problems with the steering angle sensor. The angle sensor communicates with the gyroscope module & roll stability control module, etc. I think a light comes on if it's not working right.

Back