2013 CX-9 GT "Hidden" Features

The key fob window thing, does that only work if you have the tech package?? I have a '14 CX5 GT but no tech package :/

Not sure, but when you try it, make sure to press the unlock button twice very quickly. If I don't do it quick, it doesn't work.

Doesn't that mean you press the turn signal stalk just a little, so it doesn't click, and hold it changing lanes, then let go?
Bump the stalk in whichever direction until it stops and let go - blinkers blink 3 times. Don't go until it clicks and the blinker stays blinking - you've gone too far. Just push until it initially resists then let go, kinda like in the old cars where you would just hold it untill lane change complete vs. clicking it where the thing stays blinking on it's own.

That's the thing, when I bump the stalk, it doesn't blink 3 times, it blinks continuously.

only in european models

It's in the manual, so not "hidden". If you press and release the unlock button on the fob, then immediately press and hold the unlock button on the fob again, it will open both front windows and the sunroof. It's so you can cool the car just before you get in. Unfortunately it won't work in the reverse (can't close the windows/sunroof).

I'm in Canada and my 2015 CX-9 GT has the window and sunroof opening feature. I am guessing that the refresh/revamp of the CX-9 is a little behind in some areas as my 2013 CX-5 (in the UK) had the lane change function (3 blinks) feature on the indicators.

Hidden features? LOL The only thing hidden is what you find out a car doesn't have after you own it (unless of course you inquire beforehand; shame on those of us who would think certain functions would be there by default). Recent service visit, dealer futzing with IDS, said our 2015 CX-9 GT w/ RSES doesn't have the 3 blink feature; same with push/hold remote to lower windows. What the heck - N/A on a ~ $40k vehicle? Guess one needs to wait for the 2016 w/ Tech Plus or Tech Supreme with extra cheese package in future to get features that have been around a while and are actually on other models. This is 2015, Mazda - get with the program - it's just a little extra coding to insert. (gosh I miss those VAG com days)

(Said he could turn the seat belt chime off though - oh my, now that's "convenient"... SMH)

That is weird, I haven't been able to get my 13 GT to do it.

Never mind- I just tried again and it worked. The longer I held the u lock the second time the father the windows and moonroof opened. Don't think it will ever be used again since openin the roof won't really help with as strong as the sun is here.

Last edited:
is there a way to get the parking brake (2015 CX9 GT) to release when shifting out of park like my 1989 caddy did?

Back