2013 CX-5 Lubricants

The dealer was surprised at the differential oil weight when they did it. (I guess they had never done it b4 on a sky)

I was surprised to, it's because of the gummy mints stricter emissions. Now all 2013 Hondas, Toyotas, and most mazdas use the 0w20. Even the new Sierra with the 5.3 v8 uses 0w20. If you go back a few years ago most Saabs and Mopar SRT8 use 0w40. It was all for emissions, which means more expensive Oil Changes for the consumer :/
Regardless of the fact I have been using synthetic Oil for years, including synthetic transmission fluid.

Yes, 0W-20 is only for EPA suckers. Anti-freeze wasn't mentioned, but FL22 type should be used for the Mazda.

Is Full Synthetic Oil required, or synthetic-blend, or regular conventional oil??

Back in the old days, when we changed oil every 3,000 mile, conventional seemed fine, since it was completely changed so often. But, now that these modern cars are 5,000 to 7,500 miles between oil changes, I like to use a Full-Synthetic, even if it doesn't require it, just because that's pretty long between oil changes. I see that it's 0-20W, but, I haven't seen if it's Conventional, Synthetic, or blend??

Last edited:
Is Full Synthetic Oil required, or synthetic-blend, or regular conventional oil??

Back in the old days, when we changed oil every 3,000 mile, conventional seemed fine, since it was completely changed so often. But, now that these modern cars are 5,000 to 7,500 miles between oil changes, I like to use a Full-Synthetic, even if it doesn't require it, just because that's pretty long between oil changes. I see that it's 0-20W, but, I haven't seen if it's Conventional, Synthetic, or blend??

It is Synthetic. I can't say I have seen a 7,500Mi drain interval on conventional oil. That seems loooong.

Back