2012 Mazdaspeed 3?

Hey everyone, i am shopping around for speeds that i plan to buy around july and curious to hear what everyone has to say about the different generations. I work at mazda so i can purchase the 2012 speed 3 for list price which is roughly $22,000 and some change. So far i have found a few 09's but listed for like 19-20k. Do you think its worth the extra 2k to go brand new? thats deff what i am leaning towards.. all opinions are welcome and i would appreciate them! thank you!

For a difference of 2-3 grand, I would definitely go brand new. You can get a better interest rate that way most likely. Interest rates on used cars tend to be higher costing you more over the length of the loan.

I have a 2012 Speed, and from what I know about the 1st gen's, the 2nd gen is a little more refined. Both are great cars, but if you can go new - do it.

Yea that's what I'm heading towards... How would you rate your car? 1-10...do you think for the price it's the best out there?

For the price, yes. Of course that is totally subjective. I got mine for 24,300 with the tech package and I couldn't find any other car in the price range that offered that much.

I had a 2009 and traded it because it held its value so well and I loved the new model. The only thing I miss about the 2009 is the seats. The Alacantara was awesome. The new seats look like cheap hotel carpet.

Last edited:
Aren't there anymore 2010-11 leftovers going cheap? I got my 2010 with less than 300 miles (dealer demo) for $19k out the door. I rate this car a hard 8 but next to my RX-8's it's a 6.

Yeah go new if its in your budget..financing is usually better and you get the full warranty..unless you void that with mods of course!! ;)

If you can find a 2011, you should be able to get a great deal. I know there are still a few out there - there was one a few weeks ago near Roanoke, VA in velocity red mica. I had trouble finding an '11 when I bought my '12 back in September, but I really wanted one right off the truck anyway. Had 16 miles on it when I bought it - most of which were from my test drive. It had only been on the lot for a couple of days. It was worth it to me to pay just a bit more and know that no ham-fisted idiot had been thrashing through the gears before I got it.

Back