2012 mazda 2 Jacking points

skimjona

:
Mazda 2 Sport 2012
Hey I wanna know where to jack up on my 2 and where to put my jack stands, especially in the front because I'm going to do an oil change soon thanks. :)(cheers2)

I just use ramps for oil changes. There are notches in the weld flange for jacking. I use a 3' 2x4 board and jack the whole side, then put a stand under the notch. I also recommend hockey pucks with the stands (or jack w/o a board) to prevent damage.

I actually use a 6 inch long 2x4 wood and put it on the thick frame towards the middle of the car that runs up and down the car, parallel to the pinch welds. Place the jacking point as close towards the engine as you can. The 2x4 spreads the load across the wood so its not stressing the metal. The jack I use also have a large diameter head? so that it doesn't deform the wood. I put jackstands under the pinch weld after jacking it up. If the head on the jack is 4 inches in diameter, you dont need a wooden block, as long as the head is flat and nothing is sticking out. If your jack has a soft rubber head on it, thats a plus.

http://s33.photobucket.com/user/cwczx3/media/Focus Pics/undercarriage.jpg.html
Its not a mazda 2 but its an example of how I do mines. The car is on a lift but its the same with a jack.

Last edited:
Back