2012 exterior

This may be ridiculous, but I saw a new Skyactiv 3 today and thought that something wasn't right, so I checked out some pictures online and realized what it was: there are no side skirts. The 2012 3 looks completely plain without any sort of ground effects kit and the lame, 16" wheels.

So I'm wondering, does anyone know if all 2012 3s are missing the side skirts? Could you potentially put some on by just swapping some from a 2011 mz3?

I've been thinking of getting a skyactiv 3 this summer, but really don't like the new look...

I have them on my 2011 and I noticed from the pictures I see on Google images that the 2012 models seem to not have them even on the hatchback, the 2011s don't always have them on the sedan, it seems Mazda is still shaving off BOM cost on the gen2 mz3. You could buy the underskirts from Mazda or NextMod.

I've seen an 2012 3 with side skirts. It was the fully loaded sedan, but should it should still be available on the Skyactiv 3

i have the new 3, it comes with the skirt, I have the2.5 6mt, I'm not sure PC the new skyactiv, knew it had lowergo soi over looked it, live the car

The sky active for some reason doesn't have it... I have a GT top of the line, no skirts. To me this is complete rip off the dealer wants over $500 for them not installed...

Well cuz i'm shopping for a 2012, i've worked out the differences between a Canadian and US Skyactiv 3.

We up North get the side skirts and "sporty" spoiler (and fog lights w/ glossy grille if you get the Leather package)

HOWEVER we don't get the Multi-Information Display.

I'd pretty much want the MID since this is afterall the Skyactiv model.

skyactives don't come with side skirts. its an option you can buy.
no extras have been added to make its price more appealing.
~Brian - Long Beach Mazda

skyactives don't come with side skirts. its an option you can buy.
no extras have been added to make its price more appealing.
~Brian - Long Beach Mazda

Thanks for the response. Any idea if Mazda will be offering the skyactiv 3 hatch with skirts, spoiler, etc. in 2013? I'm planning to pick one up this fall but would really like the exterior add-ons.

yes i just bought a 2012 skyactive hatch.it comes with no fog lights and no side skirts..im looking into buying the sideskirts and the round fog lights.but cant seem to find them anywere.if anyone has a link..i would like to buy them much appreciated...

Back