2012 CS 9 beeps like the ignition isn't off, when it is...

mitchgo

:
Mazda CX-9 Touring 2012
Hi gang. New to this forum...and just a quick q. Have a 2012 CX 9 Touring. had it since mid Feb this year. Everything hunky dory with it, but today some weirdness. after doing a few errands, i stopped at a store. Turned off the ignition. Opened the door, and the car beeped at me like it was still running (like it does when you try to get out with the key fob on you while it's running). Beeped from the outside when i shut the door. I was puzzled. I restarted the ignition, shut if off again. It was fine this time.

Did a few more errands and forgot about the issue. A few hours later, another errand, shut off the ignition...problem recurs. Open the door, and it's beeping at me. Crap. Instead of restarting it, i just turned the ignition dial up to ACC and back to OFF. and that fixed it.

after coming home i tried about ten times to re-pro the problem but couldn't get it to beep erroneously again.

So i'm kinda stupid when it comes to cars, but this is puzzling to me. Is it...

a. i just didn't click the ignition properly to OFF both times it happened today (even though i've had the car for seven months and haven't failed to do it correctly until today) or...

b. some kind of glitch with the onboard computer/electronics that thinks the key isn't turned all the way OFF and it needs to be done again to get it to recognize it's in the OFF position?

Thought someone here might have some wisdom. if it's just me being an idiot, that makes me feel better than if there's an issue onboard somewhere. (btw if this isn't the best place to post this q please accept my apologies!) thanks!

Back