2011 (CX-9) How do I replace Broken Passenger side mirror?

Steven's cx-9

:
2011 Mazda CX-9
Good Morning to all,

I own a 2011 cx-9 and the passenger side mirror has a crack in it, how do I change it.

can I just replace the mirror, if so where can I get one?

Thanks in Advance

Steven

Well, it depends on what part is cracked. If the base is cracked, then you gotta buy a mirror assembly (#8). If just the glass is cracked, then you can just buy #10. If just the painted part is cracked, then you only have to buy # 9. Tip: Mirror glass is available from Safelite Autoglass for less than from Mazda, unless you are dead set that "oem is the best."

1.jpg

Thank you, Just (1) more Question

Thank you so much for the info, where can I get the steps to changing it? and yes Don't need OEM will order through the site provided thank you again.

Ugg....ad me to the list of needing to replace the passengar side mirror. The Mirror itself isn't cracked, and the cap is fine besides a scuff. However, the blinker (clear plastic) part broke and I don't see anywhere you can get that part alone. Sounds like I might have to buy the full assembly.

Ugg....ad me to the list of needing to replace the passengar side mirror. The Mirror itself isn't cracked, and the cap is fine besides a scuff. However, the blinker (clear plastic) part broke and I don't see anywhere you can get that part alone. Sounds like I might have to buy the full assembly.

Wondering where you sourced the part from? Am in a similar situation (wife was backing out of the garage and the right side mirror caught the garage door on the way out!). Local dealer wants ~$700 (parts and labor) and I'm hoping to find it from somewhere cheaper.

Wondering where you sourced the part from? Am in a similar situation (wife was backing out of the garage and the right side mirror caught the garage door on the way out!). Local dealer wants ~$700 (parts and labor) and I'm hoping to find it from somewhere cheaper.

Found the mirror assembly on ebay. Color didn't match, but swapping the mirror caps isn't very hard and you can find the caps on ebay in all colors as well for $50 or less.

I have a set of new mirrors - Left and Right - still in original packaging which I am going to be selling. Just an FYI

That's robbery.

I have never done it on a Mazda, but I had a similar issue on a Honda Pilot a few years ago--it was a 20 minute job to replace the entire mirror assembly. There was a plastic cover on the interior front base of the door window that popped right off, and 4 screws and a plug-n-play wiring harness for the heated mirror and power adjustment. I have not tried this on my Mazda, but the mirror is in a similar place (i.e., not coming out of the door panel), so I'd be willing to bet it's the same procedure. At the time, I bought the Honda mirror from a dealer in RI for $160, when my local dealer wanted $250 for the part. There's a few on line Mazda dealers that have consistently cheaper parts (Med Center is one of them).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back