2011 5.0 Mustang vs MS6.

First model years are always like that. I say let other ppl do the real world testing before I do

Also, if a corvette is a poor man's ferrari, then a mustang is a poorer man's corvette

Daily driver with track in mind. Don't really care about those sync stuffs... what bothers me the most is why Ford does not include the two extra guages and HID options you found in prenium model in the base GT?
Not sure Boss is a good buy with the exception of great internals... Slap a supercharger on the GT and call it a day! Cheaper than bosss and with more power and torque!

Still waiting for the 5.0 engine and transmission issues to quiet down. Hopefully 2012 model will have less of those problems.

I can assure you, the engine and transmission issues are being blown out of proportion right now. I've got 11k on mine and it's strong as can be. My friend is running much more track than I am and had the issue with the pressure plate bolts backing out. His car was one of the first that engineered a fix, and has become standard practice on late 2011s and all 2012 models. Unfortunately, the paranoia on Mustang boards is quite bad right now, so that's all people are seeing. PM me if you've got any more questions on the car, I'll be glad to share what I can on it.

First model years are always like that. I say let other ppl do the real world testing before I do

Also, if a corvette is a poor man's ferrari, then a mustang is a poorer man's corvette

Actually mustang is a poor/ smart man's M3. I have owned BMWs and Mercedes... they will cost you both arms and legs when they break!

I can assure you, the engine and transmission issues are being blown out of proportion right now. I've got 11k on mine and it's strong as can be. My friend is running much more track than I am and had the issue with the pressure plate bolts backing out. His car was one of the first that engineered a fix, and has become standard practice on late 2011s and all 2012 models. Unfortunately, the paranoia on Mustang boards is quite bad right now, so that's all people are seeing. PM me if you've got any more questions on the car, I'll be glad to share what I can on it.

so what you are saying is the paranoia is just like those that own a mazdaspeed and are afraid of the engine blowing up

so what you are saying is the paranoia is just like those that own a mazdaspeed and are afraid of the engine blowing up

Actually, it's worse. There are people who have been caught in blatant lies that won't give up the argument that their Chinese made manual transmission is the problem.

Hey tunersteve, where did you get your mustang? Right now I'm waiting on ganley ford in Cleveland to get back to me on a 2011 grabber blue mustang with the brembo brakes 19"bbs wheels, no leather or HiD lights, manual. They want 31900.00. It has 560 miles. I think this is too much cause brondes in Toledo has a 12 new gt for 31000, except no sport package. I offered 28500 for the blue one but no reply yet. You know any good dealers in dtown with 11 gt with the brembo package? Manual? Under 4000 miles? Thanks

If you're looking at a dealer in Detroit, Village Ford is the only place I'd go. PM me if you're interested, I'll give you my sales guy's #, just tell him I sent you.

They don't have any used 11' gt with the brembo package, if I bought a regular gt can I get the brembo package installed by ford? Do they sell this kit for mustangs

Ford is kickin ass right now! I don't see anything touching that new 302 Boss! I love that car! If I had the cash I'd buy one right now! The only problem is that it would be a collector's item. Keeping that car stock would make it a better investment...if you can call any car an investment! My mazdaspeed 6 is my daily driver for now. Every time i have money for mods the car and i get into fights with buses or curbs or other wackadoodle cars out there! So far I've only got the front brakes changed. :(

Back