2011 5.0 Mustang vs MS6.

lordkoo

:
MPS
Hello everybody,
i want opinions from MS owners about the new 2011 5.0 Mustang.

Whats your take about the new 5.0. I feel performance per dollar, my MS6 can't reach 5.0 performance without spending serious money...

I am not too concern about practical. I have a few other cars also.

Take the money that you would have spent on mods for the MS6, and put it towards a 5.0. That's the only way it'll happen.

I agree with Destineal...the MS6 is unique, but that doesn't help at the end of 1320 ft.

With new Boss, ford has proven Mustang without IRS still can perform in the same league as M3.
Thanks for the input I will further weight my option if I am going to keep my 07 MS6 with 29k miles only....

Take the money that you would have spent on mods for the MS6, and put it towards a 5.0. That's the only way it'll happen.

I agree with Destineal...the MS6 is unique, but that doesn't help at the end of 1320 ft.

Cue TunerSteve in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

-Jay

Ask and you shall recieve!

I say 5.0 is the best performance bargain out there. Want to get just the important stuff? Order a base GT ($29,995) and get a 3.73 axle ($395) and Brembo Brake Package ($1695). The car, aside from a wheel and brake fluid swap, is nearly ready to hit the track, and will run over most cars today.

For the few power adders I've done, I'm putting down 430rwhp and 409rwtq. Right now I have CAI, tune, and exhaust. I plan on doing the Boss 302 manifold in the future, which will give me a HUGE bump in top end power with no sacrifice in low-end torque (the CAI and tune help that).

The Boss is an amazing car, but the big issue right now is availability. If you can find one and have the means, I'd jump on it, but don't pay more than MSRP. They'll be making them again for the 2013MY (they're currently building 2012's right now), but they will differ slightly in appearance ('70 style stripes and new color options).

Let me know if you have any other specific questions, and I'll try and answer them for ya.

ahh.....but the 5.0 doesnt have the same suprize affect when you kick some 1's ass at the track! their like wtf a sedan just beat what?

ahh.....but the 5.0 doesnt have the same suprize affect when you kick some 1's ass at the track! their like wtf a sedan just beat what?

I agree, but it's fun to only use half the gears and still walk all over people. Not to mention I get about the same gas mileage as I did in the MS6 with almost double the motor.

maybe its just me but i tend too not follow the pact on anything lol!!!!!!!!!

How is owning a car following a pact? If the car is good, who cares how many own it?

One benefit of the Mustang over the MS6: HUGE aftermarket following.

Five oh for the mother effing win

I got as far as having a dealer locate one with all the options I wanted, and then I told him "sorry, my finances won't allow me to get a new car right now" fully knowing from the beginning that I wouldn't get it. I just wanted the test drive

The guy even tried to get me in a slightly used gt500 for roughly $5k more, but id honestly rather have the 5.0

And there is no comparison between the big 3. Can't see out the camaro, the challenger is too heavy and slow (if you compare the rt and not srt)

Only other thing is I still need 4 doors right now (damn kids)

Forgive me for not using proper english! Lol and following the pack as I getting a mustang. I think the only mustang I'd get would be a 03-04 cobra.

Forgive me for not using proper english! Lol and following the pack as I getting a mustang. I think the only mustang I'd get would be a 03-04 cobra.

Do you want a straight line car or something that can handle like your MSP can? For a drag car, a Cobra or 05-10 GT500 gets it done. For an all around road car, the 2011 GT, Boss 302, or GT500 with the Performance Package are hard to beat. Like I said, for $32k, you can lay waste to quite a few cars out of the box, and with minimal mods, really put a hurtin' on people at the drag strip and on a road course.

Thanks Steve!
You speak my mind. Sorry for the late reply.
To get MS6 to perform at 5.0 league will take a lot of money...
Ford dealers are playing dicking now with so many good reviews and sales pick up for mustang.
I can always wait until end of the year for a 5.0

I am leaning toward either a Boss or a stripper 5.0 with 3.73 and brembo package.

Do you want a straight line car or something that can handle like your MSP can? For a drag car, a Cobra or 05-10 GT500 gets it done. For an all around road car, the 2011 GT, Boss 302, or GT500 with the Performance Package are hard to beat. Like I said, for $32k, you can lay waste to quite a few cars out of the box, and with minimal mods, really put a hurtin' on people at the drag strip and on a road course.

Thanks Steve!
You speak my mind. Sorry for the late reply.
To get MS6 to perform at 5.0 league will take a lot of money...
Ford dealers are playing dicking now with so many good reviews and sales pick up for mustang.
I can always wait until end of the year for a 5.0

I am leaning toward either a Boss or a stripper 5.0 with 3.73 and brembo package.

What do you plan on doing with the car? If you're looking for a track rat that will see a good amount of time out there, I'd go with the Boss. For a solid street car, just get the GT. Keep in mind the base trims don't come with Sync either, and are limited on options. The Boss is a base trim vehicle if you look at it, but you don't need heated seats and nav on a track either.

What do you plan on doing with the car? If you're looking for a track rat that will see a good amount of time out there, I'd go with the Boss. For a solid street car, just get the GT. Keep in mind the base trims don't come with Sync either, and are limited on options. The Boss is a base trim vehicle if you look at it, but you don't need heated seats and nav on a track either.

Daily driver with track in mind. Don't really care about those sync stuffs... what bothers me the most is why Ford does not include the two extra guages and HID options you found in prenium model in the base GT?
Not sure Boss is a good buy with the exception of great internals... Slap a supercharger on the GT and call it a day! Cheaper than bosss and with more power and torque!

Still waiting for the 5.0 engine and transmission issues to quiet down. Hopefully 2012 model will have less of those problems.

Back