2010 mazda3 yay or nay?

yay!

ru1zdc.jpg

1zwot8h.jpg

2u7ub94.jpg

Roast duck comparo

The new one reminds me of the roasted duck they ate in the chinese diner at the end of "A Christmas Story".

". . . it's smiling at me!"

Now that I am starting to see the new 3 in darker colors, it de-emphasizes the 'face' and I must say - yay! :D

I really wish they had made the shape more wagon like and less hatchback like. All the latter does is reduce rear visibility and cargo room. Probably what is goign to push me away from getting a new 3 and going for a Subi Forester.

I really wish they had made the shape more wagon like and less hatchback like. All the latter does is reduce rear visibility and cargo room. Probably what is goign to push me away from getting a new 3 and going for a Subi Forester.

At least the 3 is distinctive, the Forester (while a good vehicle) is pretty bland and more of a tallish boxy wagon than a sporty hatch. I think of the Forester competing with the Tribute or CR-V.

Guess I'll go against the grain here... I love it. Mrs. Stoge and I are going to go to the auto show this year to check it out. I wouldn't be suprised to see her trade her CX-7 in on a 5-door 3.

interior-awesome
exterior-doodoo supreme

looks like a toyota matrix

looks like turboing the P5 is the right choice for sure.

I do have to say the white with tint does look better, but not much. MAZDA FAIL!

Last edited:
At least the 3 is distinctive, the Forester (while a good vehicle) is pretty bland and more of a tallish boxy wagon than a sporty hatch. I think of the Forester competing with the Tribute or CR-V.

Wow, did you even read my post?

I do not care about how distinctive the 3 looks. And how it can be claimed the 3 looks distinctive when the Matrix/Vibe and Impressa all look like clones of the 3 lines. My primary concern is the interior space/exterior space ratio. That and hatch opening size/shape. I see cars as something to hold stuff/people and move them around in a good fashion.

^ I agree. Leave the sloped hatch body for 3 doors. I like 5 doors to look more like wagons.

Case in point:
shorelinewagon.jpg

That's based off the A4... a bigger car. The A3 would be the closest and that car certainly has more of a hatch than wagon look to it. A lot of it just depends on how much room the designers have to work with.

2008-audi-a3-front-angle3_4827_089_210x150.jpg

Even in 4 door form, the A3 still doesn't taper off at the back in an extreme way like most hatchbacks. The 1st gen MS3 tapers about as much as I can tolerate. The new one tapers off way too much. I still want to reserve judgment for seeing one in person. I bet it would look sick with a body kit, new wheels, and a drop.

I just so hate the tapering/slope of wagons and suvs to make them look like coupes. Examples, new Honda CRV, both Mazda 3s, newer Matrix. Give us wagons, real wagon like the current EU Focus Wagon, Elantra touring, the current and previous Passat and the Volve V70. If people want the look of a coupe, let them go buy a coupe, VW CC or MB CLS.

I think the overall design of the 3 hatch gives it a more tapered look than it actually has. When compared directly to the A3, they both appear to taper about the same.

112_0706_06z+2007_mazdaspeed3_gt+passenger_side.jpg

AudiA3.jpg

Latest posts

Back