2010 Mazda 3s Clutch Help

jkeiser

:
2010 Mazda 3s Sport
Hello all,
I recently bought an awesome Mazda 3s. It was used, and my first manual, so I'm sure it got abuse with me, and maybe the previous owner. Recently, I've noticed two issues.

The first: Happens maybe once or twice a week. I will accelerate quickly from a stop (stop light, stop sign, etc.) with the rpms reving to about 2,200-2,600 to get across the intersection, and if I have to stop again, put it in neutral. After in neutral with clutch released, rpms will sometimes stay at about 2,000-2,100, then drop down. Any ideas on what this is?

The second: I fear the worst on this one. Sometimes when I stop at a stop light, I of course put it in neutral with foot off the clutch. Then when it's about time to go, I will put the clutch in and shift to 1st, but it won't go, so I let the clutch out, back in, shift to first again, and it goes right in. I am afraid that's a sign of a failing clutch. I hope someone can tell me otherwise!

Please help me figure this out!

how many miles ya got? im currently driving...well not driving but owning. a Mazda 3s(2010), and the clutch went out on me with no warning... sounds like the clutch is failing though(slippage is whats going on if i remember correctly but more experienced people can correct me if im wrong), it did that to me minutes before the car wouldnt go into any gears at all.

It's a 2010, it still have warranty. Why not take it to the dealer?

Clutches are only covered until 12k/12 and they WILL fight tooth and nail about it, and pretty much will tell you you're s*** out of luck. Its what I am dealing with now and I am at the point where I am pretty much going to have to sue...but everything else should be covered up to 60k I believe, it is worth getting checked out, but trust me if its past 12k and you're having clutch issues, grab your ass and pray to god because they will bend you over about it.

Back