2010 ipod kit help

evill150

was hoping somebody could provide some additional info in regards to the ipod kit for a 2010 cx9 gt with nav and sirius.
was browsing the mazda catalog and they listed multiple harness kits, an ipod cable, and the ipod module. so do you have to purchase 3 different items for ipod capability? or is there 1 kit that comes with everything you need? i've used the aux cable but not to impressed wit it.
any info would be greatly apprec.

I was thinking about getting one of these also. It seems that you have to buy the right harness and the module. I would like to see a parts diagram to confirm this though.

I'm shopping right now; I believe you need the module and a harness. With the Nav setup, parts list at $250 (142+108).

Does anyone know how much installation costs should run?

Also, does this run to the glove box? Or can it also go to under the center console armrest?

Thanks.

Tags

I was interested in getting the ipod kit as well- however I am curious if it will show music info or if it will be like the BT A2DP interface and give no info at all.
Does anyone know?

ipod kit

Guys

There is so much confusion about ipod intergration that I don't know who to believe. I have a 2009 non nav and according to the dealer the intergration kit will only provide power to the ipod as well as means of playing. No radio control of the ipod was possible or display. Has this changed for 2010? If so , is the 2010 intergration compatable with a 2009 model? I might have to call mazda directly. I would get this in a heartbeat if it works like its suppose to. I miss my old alpine on my previous car. It was a great setup.
thanks

Pitty it is not available in Australia !

I e-mailed Mazda Aust and they said that US / Canadian Mazda part numbers are not relevent to Aust models.

Cheers

I have bought and installed Ipdo kit on 2010 Cx-9 GT with Nav and factory Sat. You do NOT need aux switch box.

That's right, you do NOT need the Aux switch box. But with the integration model on a Nav+Sirius+BT Bose rig, you will lose EITHER Aux in -OR- Sirius in unless you buy a switchbox. For me, losing Aux in is no big deal as once you've got iPod and Sirius working, don't need Aux.

Any tips/hints for a 2010 Grand Touring with the 4.3" display (no navi, yes Sirius, yes backup camera)?

Soooo confusing which part to buy. Seems like every webpage has something different.

Instructions to install iPod cable in 2010 CX-9 with 4.3" MID display (non-navigation model)

Part #GEA1-79-970

Attachments

• iPod_Cable_Install_GEA1-79-970_(CX9).pdf
    319.5 KB · Views: 1,698
How about iPod connectivity for an '09 GT with Sirius, Nav, and BT? I have the 1/8" phono jack in the console.

Thx,
Craig

Back