2010 cx9-Happy to get one

Hello All

Just purchased a 2010 Copper Red GT CX9. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer. Me and my wife both thought the car looked much better in person than in pictures...(dont mind the smiley face).

It is my wife's car, but I really look forward to driving it. One small thing that I like about it is that the cx9 now has RDS so you can see artist and station info.

-rdg

Pictures below from garage, not that great, a lot of rain right now in Atlanta.

Attachments

• IMG_0431.JPG
    IMG_0431.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_0432.JPG
    IMG_0432.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_0434.JPG
    IMG_0434.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 665
Looks good. I went with an '09 last month to take advantage of incentives but some of the improvements for '10 are nice. How is the access to the center console on this model? The center console for '07-09 is a major fail and it's nearly impossible for a driver to access it with the right arm because it is hinged too far forward. Looks like the new one opens differently. Is it easier to get into? Is it any bigger inside?

(Like the rear tail lights. You can see Mazda trying to incorporate the Nagare design language. So far, the only Nagare design element they have spread throughout the line is the smiley face which is imho the least successful element.)

Console is easy to access. There is probably not any additional room in it compared to 09, but dont specifically remember the depth of console from my 09 test drives.

Well if the console cover is less obtrusive that's a big improvement. The size of the console is a little disappointing particularly given the cavernous space in the CX-7's which they say will fit a laptop and that's no exaggeration. The dealer told me that the CX-9's console is compromised by the space required for the rear seat climate control which, if true, would be the only accurate and useful information I received from a dealer throughout the entire car search/buying experience.

It also looks like a new bezel around the shifter. How's the build quality on it. I can slide the bezel on my '09 about 1/8" in all four directions. Not such an impressive example of fit and finish.

rdj,

Welcome to the forum.

How is the quality of the leather? Do you remember the interior of the 2009 GT and what it was like as compared to the 2010?

Finally, have your tried putting your sunglasses in the overhead sg-compartment? None of my sunglasses will fit? what was/is your experience?

Enjoy your new car,
tstes

sjg, the bezel does move a little bit

tstex, the leather seems very nice. I think it is a little softer than the previous models, but it could be in my head because the press release stated:
■Smooth leather and subtle stitching on seating surfaces offer a more quality-feel (standard on Touring and Grand Touring models)

Whether or not I am imagining it, I am very happy with the seating and it is very comfortable.

The sunglass holder has not been improved. Our sunglasses would not fit.

Looking forward to taking it on a trip. Looking into aftermarket DVD, weather mats, etc. I dont know if I will get the roof rails yet. Need to get 1/8" plug in for iPhone, but in the mean time BT-Audio sounds fine.

hello all

just purchased a 2010 copper red gt cx9. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Let me know if you have any questions and i will do my best to answer. Me and my wife both thought the car looked much better in person than in pictures...(dont mind the smiley face).

It is my wife's car, but i really look forward to driving it. One small thing that i like about it is that the cx9 now has rds so you can see artist and station info.

-rdg

pictures below from garage, not that great, a lot of rain right now in atlanta.

rds???

Yeah radio data system. Displays artist and song info from FM stations. A lot of brands have this. It is a little thing, but something I really wanted. Im used to it on my car.

Traffic/Satellite free for 6 months.

It is single CD. I honestly wasnt sure. Maybe with Nav it has to be single? We would use ipod anyway. There is a non nav package that comes with 6cd and a 4.3" LCD. It looks great, but my wife had Nav in her 04 acura mdx and she wanted it again. Im fine with the choice.

It is single CD. I honestly wasnt sure. Maybe with Nav it has to be single? We would use ipod anyway. There is a non nav package that comes with 6cd and a 4.3" LCD. It looks great, but my wife had Nav in her 04 acura mdx and she wanted it again. Im fine with the choice.

I wonder why Mazda did away with the 6-disk CD-changer when you order the GT Assist Package? My '08 has the GT Assist Package, and I have the 6-disk CD-changer.

Its not called the GT assist package anymore. Just Nav package. The power liftgate is a seperate option as well. Mine came with Moonroof/Bose, Power Liftgate, Tow Prep, and Navigation.

I dont know how much the sat/traffic will be later. I think the trick is to let it expire and then they send you a very discounted rate to continue. That is what happened with my g35 and xm.

I wonder why Mazda did away with the 6-disk CD-changer when you order the GT Assist Package? My '08 has the GT Assist Package, and I have the 6-disk CD-changer.
Same goes for 2009 models. The NAVI unit was moved from the trunk to center console (behind the display). The same space is occupied by the 6-cd changer. Therefore, they can't co-exist. I guess this just got carried on to 2010 model.

Back